Pimp my kegerator

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 18729

Flat out like a lizard drinking
Reaction score
Recently built a kegerator and very happy with it! I'd like to add a bit of character to it.
7915f973876a2a52f66c986d3fe258ca.jpg

My thoughts so far are-

Drip tray (although I may just use a beer mat whilst it's in use)
Display (a chalkboard to write on what beers I have on)
Tap handles (I've seen over the pond there's a whole array of personalised tap handles)

What have others done to their kegerators and where did you source the bits from?

Thanks in advance!

Recently built a kegerator and very happy with it! I'd like to add a bit of character to it.
7915f973876a2a52f66c986d3fe258ca.jpg

My thoughts so far are-

Drip tray (although I may just use a beer mat whilst it's in use)
Display (a chalkboard to write on what beers I have on)
Tap handles (I've seen over the pond there's a whole array of personalised tap handles)

What have others done to their kegerators and where did you source the bits from?

Thanks in advance!

Now you just need to get an old rag and spit into glass's growling 'what be your poison lad'

I like that! A chalk board would be nice and just one of those drip trays you get in the pub. And a few nibbles...also for some nights when you don't fancy moving around,a couple of bar stools and a big TV on the wall!
Have you any pictures of the build?

I use these in combination with liquid chalk pens. You can either have one above each tap use more than ones eg fire marking off pints pulled so you know exactly when a keg is due to kick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that! A chalk board would be nice and just one of those drip trays you get in the pub. And a few nibbles...also for some nights when you don't fancy moving around,a couple of bar stools and a big TV on the wall!

Have you any pictures of the build?

Was a labour of love! Basically I was trying to persuade the wife to let me buy a fridge on gumtree to turn into a kegerator for ages. In the end we agreed that if she got a brand new American fridge freezer I could have our old hotpoint undercounter fridge (provided I made it look nice and didn't just mount taps through the door).

There's a place in Southampton that sells reclaimed timber at a good price, was about £50 for all the wood.

0322e830304c0faa991cad693d0208e2.jpg

Had to take a belt sander to every length of wood which took ages but there's something very satisfying about knowing it's made from reclaimed materials. The worktop is an old scaffold board glued together and finished in yacht varnish.

eb7500b44997fca1be0554e597adbe7a.jpg

It doubles as a fermenting fridge with the inkbird fitted and also a bit of modifying by removing the thermostat, I can fit two slimline sankey kegs in it.
6f2170c238ef06bf88bdd0f75ec7f8c5.jpg

I use these in combination with liquid chalk pens. You can either have one above each tap use more than ones eg fire marking off pints pulled so you know exactly when a keg is due to kick.

That's a great idea!

Last edited by a moderator:
Love what you've built Mozza, it looks awesome, you should be well pleased. Ever thought about making a couple of selling them?

Very nice :thumb:

Chalk board is a must, keep an eye on ebay and get an old one.

Again keep an eye on ebay and get some old stuff that will make it look less new :)

Latest posts

Back