Pineapple Concentrate wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerCat

Landlord.
Reaction score
East and West Grimblestbottom under the rye
Knocked this upo this afternoon and was bubbling within 30 minutes. Quite impressed. I had to remove 500ml from the DJ to avoid it overflowing;
4l Lidl Pineapple juice from concentrate @99p a litre
700g white sugar disolved in 500ml RO water
teaspoon yeast nutrient
Lalvin yeast

Forgot to add any pectolase so will add in a few days once fermemntaion slows a bit. Should end up around 14% if it ferments out. May backsweeten with more juice and carb half the batch.

Lidl sell freshly squeezed orange juice with bits for the same price. Has anyone tried a wine with this?

The WOW I made with 1L of pineapple and 1L white grape juice + sugar produced one of the most active/vigorous fermentations I've ever seen.

Therefore be prepared with your 4L of it! If you haven't done so already I'd ditch the airlock and rig up a blow off tube.

Vigorous fermentation confirmed!

IMG_6560.jpg

I know i hold my hands up. I read that a bit late of should of used a bucket. I have 500ml of juice and sugar to add to it if it ever stops. :doh:
Mk2 i will swap some juice for coconut water and try and make something nice to mix with rum.

Pineapple and Orange is even more dramatic, not to be attempted without putting the DJ in a tray and shielding surroundings from splatter!

Fermentation finished a few days agao and it's starting to settle. After 3 days i topped it up with 500ml of the juice and sugar . after 2 more days i added some pectolase and nutrient and 200ml more of juice. Hopefully its going to be a nice dry pineapply wine for late summer.

Back