Pint365 beer engine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honk

Landlord.
Reaction score
www.pint365.com

Anyone using one? A forum Search shows @St00 may have one? I'm after some feedback?

I've always fancied a beer engine and bid for them a few times on eBay but for one reason or another they've always fallen through.
The thing that's put me off in the past of going the beer engine route is that usually it's just me drinking and I normally only drink at the weekend so don't want to be wasting beer flushing through pipes after every session, however this model seems to be designed for use at home and they recommend cleaning the pipes when you change beer which is what I do now anyway.
I would initially be connecting it up to corny kegs which I already own but would also like to try out polypins with it.
Longer term as I mainly brew UK real ale styles anyway I like the idea of simplifying my brewery, selling off some or all of my corny kegs and taps and serving through a beer engine from a polypin or similar which would also reduce or eliminate my need for co2.

www.pint365.com

Anyone using one? A forum Search shows @St00 may have one? I'm after some feedback?

I've always fancied a beer engine and bid for them a few times on eBay but for one reason or another they've always fallen through.
The thing that's put me off in the past of going the beer engine route is that usually it's just me drinking and I normally only drink at the weekend so don't want to be wasting beer flushing through pipes after every session, however this model seems to be designed for use at home and they recommend cleaning the pipes when you change beer which is what I do now anyway.
I would initially be connecting it up to corny kegs which I already own but would also like to try out polypins with it.
Longer term as I mainly brew UK real ale styles anyway I like the idea of simplifying my brewery, selling off some or all of my corny kegs and taps and serving through a beer engine from a polypin or similar which would also reduce or eliminate my need for co2.

I've got one, but I've yet to set it up. Still emptying the fridge I've earmarked for the corny keg.

I've a bitter currently naturally carbing up in the keg, so I'll have hopefully set it up by then.

@St00 be interested in how you get on with it once your all set up, and how you feel it would work for occasional use as outlined above. Does it seem a quality piece of kit likely to give a few years use?
You must have way more patience than me as I would have to be serving from it the day it arrived even if the beer hadn't been naturally carbonated.

@St00 be interested in how you get on with it once your all set up, and how you feel it would work for occasional use as outlined above. Does it seem a quality piece of kit likely to give a few years use?
You must have way more patience than me as I would have to be serving from it the day it arrived even if the beer hadn't been naturally carbonated.

If I'd taken it out of the box I doubt I'd have had the patience. As it is I've 3 near full kegs in the kegerator and don't have a pressing need for any more beer right now 🙂

As it's carbing up naturally, it'll give me enough time to empty the fridge and drill it out.

I'm definitely thinking of buying one! I've emailed them to ask if it has a connector for a KingKeg. Delivery is only ÂŁ22 to the highlands.

Best of luck! Hoped you'll have it all figured out in no time.

Having seen Coffin Dodger's setup and having had most of it go over my head, I'm hoping it's as easy as letting the beer carb in the keg naturally and then just attaching the keg adapter to the post.

Which beer will you be trying it with first?

A kit - St Peter's IPA! It's just about ready but can wait in the FV until I get my PB ready.

The Pint365 looks a nice bit of kit, how many pulls to the pint is it? The more the better, as you will be chucking away a couple of pulls worth at the start of each session. Which is why I use a Whale Flipper Mk IV galley pump, which takes 10 pulls.

... looks interesting, they don't give a lot of information about what their "Eco Cylinder" is or why you would want one in your beer engine, but the "BEER LASTS FOR UP TO 28 DAYS" claim might suggest they've done something to "preserve" the beer while it's in the cylinder, which may well mean you won't need to pull through some beer, after every day or so not dispending, and chucking it like Coffin Dodger has to :?:

I have one of Mason's (who make the 365 system) Shakespeare Hand Pulls (link), which is a cylinderless unit designed for putting at the front of a pressured dispense system (like a corny keg or a pressure barrel) ... pulling the hand-pull doesn't actually do any pumping in that system, pulling the handle just opens a valve, the quicker harder you pull the wider the valve opens, it feels like you're pumping but the beer is flowing because of the pressure in the keg pushing it out ... I wonder if on the pint365 hand-pull they've combined a valve like that and a cylinder so that the beer, all the way from the polypin/keg through the cylinder and up to the valve, stays contained, and therefore pressurised and "fresh" ... but when pumping beer the cylinder creates the pull from the box/keg and the push through the valve, which is opened by the act of pumping, perhaps :?:

Cheers, PhilB

... looks interesting, they don't give a lot of information about what their "Eco Cylinder" is or why you would want one in your beer engine, but the "BEER LASTS FOR UP TO 28 DAYS" claim might suggest they've done something to "preserve" the beer while it's in the cylinder, which may well mean you won't need to pull through some beer, after every day or so not dispending, and chucking it like Coffin Dodger has to :?:

I have one of Mason's (who make the 365 system) Shakespeare Hand Pulls (link), which is a cylinderless unit designed for putting at the front of a pressured dispense system (like a corny keg or a pressure barrel) ... pulling the hand-pull doesn't actually do any pumping in that system, pulling the handle just opens a valve, the quicker harder you pull the wider the valve opens, it feels like you're pumping but the beer is flowing because of the pressure in the keg pushing it out ... I wonder if on the pint365 hand-pull they've combined a valve like that and a cylinder so that the beer, all the way from the polypin/keg through the cylinder and up to the valve, stays contained, and therefore pressurised and "fresh" ... but when pumping beer the cylinder creates the pull from the box/keg and the push through the valve, which is opened by the act of pumping, perhaps :?:

Cheers, PhilB
That Masons unit has Pint365 branding on it so it’s potentially the same unit.

Looks interesting, it does say “no gas required” and connects to what looks like a bag in a box, so I’m guessing it does actually pump.
I would like to figure out a way of dispensing cask-style from a corny setup, not sure I have the space for a beer engine though. I wonder if there is a sparkler type attachment available to fit to a standard Perlic faucet? Just put in an English IPA and that would be lovely as cask-style.

A ghetto beer pump.
1594116624900.png

1594116661835.png

Looks interesting, it does say “no gas required” and connects to what looks like a bag in a box, so I’m guessing it does actually pump.
I would like to figure out a way of dispensing cask-style from a corny setup, not sure I have the space for a beer engine though. I wonder if there is a sparkler type attachment available to fit to a standard Perlic faucet? Just put in an English IPA and that would be lovely as cask-style.
I’d asked about the Intertap stout spout on the Cask Ale in a Corny thread but was told it only really worked under high pressure nitro.

I received a reply from Pint365

"The PINT365 you have ordered has a ÂĽ pint cylinder and will accept beer from a pressurised keg. The Shakespeare has no cylinder and will only operate if pump/gas assisted."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The beer pipe ends in a 3/8" John Guest fitting (female) so it should be easy to connect to a Cornie.

I’d asked about the Intertap stout spout on the Cask Ale in a Corny thread but was told it only really worked under high pressure nitro.
I was wondering about something like that. The hole in the restricter plate is so small it needs high pressure from mixed gas to work though. If the plate was removable though I wonder if the size could be adjusted and a longer spout added to pour under the surface? 🤔

The way to use the pumps or garden sprayers is almost no carbonation, I have ordered the galley pump which Coffin Dodger uses I have got a rocket pump but they aren't as good (according to CD) my beer engine is a 1/2 pint pull and I wish in hind-site I had bought a 1/4 pint pull.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back