Pint365 beer engine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way to use the pumps or garden sprayers is almost no carbonation, I have ordered the galley pump which Coffin Dodger uses I have got a rocket pump but they aren't as good (according to CD) my beer engine is a 1 pint pull and I wish in hind-site I had bought a 1/4 pint pull.
Ah, ok. I literally kegged my IPA yesterday from FV so shouldn’t be too carbed yet.

Ah, ok. I literally kegged my IPA yesterday from FV so shouldn’t be too carbed yet.
When you think about it you are forcing the beer through a sparkler with air in the mix, air is 78% nitrogen so you end up with pretty much a nitrogen pour. Much like using the syringe method.

Last edited:
Hi Mick
That Masons unit has Pint365 branding on it so it’s potentially the same unit.
... I don't think they're the same ... I think they've just updated the photos for all their products on their website, re-using the pictures of the Pint365 for ALL their handpulls, even the Aston (link) appears Pint365 branded :?:

Hi kelper
"The PINT365 you have ordered has a ¼ pint cylinder and will accept beer from a pressurised keg. The Shakespeare has no cylinder and will only operate if pump/gas assisted."
... the "will accept beer from a pressurised keg" bit of that suggests that there's definitely some sort of valve system inside the Pint 365, otherwise beer would get pushed through the cylinder and leak out when you didn't want it to ... but at least that means you won't need to go sourcing any non-return/demand valves to connect it to your king keg athumb.. ... I never changed the taps on my (basic) pressure barrels when I connected my handpull to them, I just pushed a short length of 1/2" tube over the tap end and jubilee clipped it in place, the other end of the tube goes onto a 1/2" barb to 3/8" JG female adapter, then 3/8" beer line to the back of the hand-pull. It'd be interesting to see if being pulled through a cylinder changes the "body" of the beer, for me when I use the Shakespeare (faux) hand-pull it seems just having the beer go through the swan neck and sparkler makes a HUGE difference and it ends up very cask-like wink...

Cheers, PhilB

I'll update y'all when it arrives.
hope your not still waiting for it to arrive? I've just ordered one today

update: ive just seen your other post kelper which you did the update on :)

Last edited:
I love it but it won't suck a PB dry as the tubing in the PB collapses when the vertical distance gets too much, normally when there's about five litres left.

Last edited:
I love it but it won't suck a PB dry as the tubing in the PB collapses when the vertical distance gets too much, normally when there's about five litres left.
How do you find it between uses? does the first pump or so need to be chucked after a few days of non use or is it necessary to flush through with water after each use.
can you not raise your pressure barrel to prevent that problem? im guessing you have it stored quite low in relation to the pump, perhaps in a cellar?

The PB is on the floor under the bar so not a great distance. I don't want too much pressure as I hate gassy beer. I never have to discard any beer as no air gets to it in the pump or line. Beer stays good for weeks.

It took 6 months from me starting this thread till I ordered one, but I was thinking about how many pubs and breweries wouldn't survive another lockdown and persuaded myself it was my patriotic duty to keep real ale traditions alive.:laugh8:
very pleased with it so far, i have been transferring beer from a corny keg to a polypin and connecting it up to the polypin which works well but will probably serve direct from the corny once I get some more holes drilled in my beer fridge.
As Kelper says above, there is no need to discard any beer which was something putting me off getting a beer engine before.

I’ve taken delivery of one of these today. I also ordered a demand valve last week but I see from a quick internet search that it claims I connect the corny straight to it. Is that right @St00 ?

If not I’m going to need to get some 1/2” line and another 1/2 to 3/8 JG fitting (I assume the black one that comes with it is a 1/2-3/8) because my demand valve has a 1/2” barb on the “out” side but the 365
comes with 3/8” lines and connectors.

EDIT - I’ve just been told via one of the P365 Facebook groups that it has a built in demand valve. Anyone want to buy a demand valve?

Last edited:
I’ve taken delivery of one of these today. I also ordered a demand valve last week but I see from a quick internet search that it claims I connect the corny straight to it. Is that right @St00 ?

If not I’m going to need to get some 1/2” line and another 1/2 to 3/8 JG fitting (I assume the black one that comes with it is a 1/2-3/8) because my demand valve has a 1/2” barb on the “out” side but the 365
comes with 3/8” lines and connectors.

EDIT - I’ve just been told via one of the P365 Facebook groups that it has a built in demand valve. Anyone want to buy a demand valve?
Hi Mick,

Yes, I use mine directly from the keg. All the fittings should be included.

Enjoy, the novelty still hasn't worn off for me.

I'd hold off getting shot of the demand valve. I thought it had one built in, but then somebody advised me it has a "check" valve to stop O2 getting back in, but not a demand valve. I'd ask for clarification if I were you.

That said I use mine without and the beer seems to keep.

Hi Mick,

Yes, I use mine directly from the keg. All the fittings should be included.

Enjoy, the novelty still hasn't worn off for me.

I'd hold off getting shot of the demand valve. I thought it had one built in, but then somebody advised me it has a "check" valve to stop O2 getting back in, but not a demand valve. I'd ask for clarification if I were you.

That said I use mine without and the beer seems to keep.
Cheers. My stocks are empty until the garage conversion is finished so it’ll be a few weeks before I can test it out. I have a Hobgoblin Gold clone planned and can’t wait!

AFAIK the demand valve is to stop liquid from pressurised containers from passing through the pump when it’s switched off, so if yours isn’t doing that I would assume it does have one. The official documentation etc only mentions a check valve though so I’ll stay wary. I’ll keep hold just now but won’t buy any 1/4 line or JG adapters until I see how it’s working.

... I'd hold off getting shot of the demand valve. I thought it had one built in, but then somebody advised me it has a "check" valve to stop O2 getting back in, but not a demand valve. I'd ask for clarification if I were you. ...
A "check" valve? Where? In the nozzle; that would be handy as it would protect the beer in the pump's cylinder (from O2). But, will certainly need a demand valve too. Think about it! A check valve stops beer returning to the cask, it doesn't prevent it coming out of the cask!

Demand valves prevent beer coming out of the cask if:

• The cask is higher than the tap.
  • The cask is "hard spiled" overnight to help keep CO2 condition in the beer.
  • If the cask is mildly pressured as per my "treatise" instructions to keep homebrew sound.

Demand valves can also be used to attach highly pressured kegs to handpumps. A deplorable practice that seems to be getting common in "craft beer" Pubs. It's done to give naïve customers the impression they are drinking "Real Ale" (CAMRA's definition). I'm not taking sides, I just despise deception!

Check valves were once used to prevent beer coming out of the cask. They worked because they were once fairly crude and had high "cracking pressures" (they stayed sealed until the pressure got very high - relatively, a hand-pump creates negative pressure or suction).

Cheers. My stocks are empty until the garage conversion is finished so it’ll be a few weeks before I can test it out. I have a Hobgoblin Gold clone planned and can’t wait!

AFAIK the demand valve is to stop liquid from pressurised containers from passing through the pump when it’s switched off, so if yours isn’t doing that I would assume it does have one. The official documentation etc only mentions a check valve though so I’ll stay wary. I’ll keep hold just now but won’t buy any 1/4 line or JG adapters until I see how it’s working.
I’ve installed the demand valve tonight. There wasn’t a massive amount of liquid coming through but enough to warrant installing it (even at 2PSI, depending how accurate my Kegland secondary reg is) . I’ll get it attached to the skirting at the weekend.
7B0B0911-B375-4D28-9BF1-A56C92BD0D48.jpeg
18F9D3CF-EF0A-4109-BEBF-0E0FAE75E749.jpeg

Last edited:
RLBS suggested clean the pump out with line cleaner warm not hot and then some starsan and then water before hooking up or if being left a while between use.
I just got a English Worthington limited engine and am so pleased with it. Puts a smile on my face every time I use it. Just working out how to make tiny casks for condition and dispense to make it really real. Have a plan but need to try it.
On the hunt for a nice badge now.

@MickDundee With that Pump Clip may I suggest a lager next? "Run To The Pils".

Or a 6.66% bitter... "Number of the Best"
I wanted a Trooper pump clip to complement the framed 7” records I have on the wall either side of the bar, I watched so many on eBay going for ridiculous prices (I gave up on finding a Motörhead Roadkill beer clip for that reason) then found that one out of the blue (brand new in sealed bag) - I think I might even have been the only bidder.

I wanted a Trooper pump clip to complement the framed 7” records I have on the wall either side of the bar, I watched so many on eBay going for ridiculous prices then found that one out of the blue (brand new in sealed bag) - I think I might even have been the only bidder.

Robbies are my local Brewery. I must only be two miles away. I intend to do the brewery tour at some point, specifically to see it I can get any free Maiden merch for the home brewery.

Robbies are my local Brewery. I must only be two miles away. I intend to do the brewery tour at some point, specifically to see it I can get any free Maiden merch for the home brewery.
At one point I’d tried all of the Maiden beers, but they’ve released another 3 over the last 18 months that I haven’t had a chance to try yet.

Latest posts

Back