PINTER beer system

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Untappd have given me a £20-off code for the Pinter2 if anybody's interested - UNT20OFF.

Not entirely clear what the version 2 does over v1, seems they've got some kind of "dry-hopping" going on with hop extracts?
Have used a Pinter 1 for a year and enjoyed some great beers. Has led me to learn more and also brew AG. Purchased a Pinter 2 and the improvement are impressive. Stays carbonated throughout, no releasing CO2 to dispense, hop oils and far superior build quality. Very happy I purchased one. Allows me to sample far more brews than if I was just brewing AG.

Check out and for what I assume is an unbiased set of reviews

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve got a Pinter 1, it got me into AG. I’ve not used it since I started properly brewing, still have a Weiss beer kit in the fridge which I should run through it really. The beer was good with less of the ‘twang’ I’ve had with normal extract kits.
Dr Hanns has done a series of ‘shake and brew’ videos using extract and hops a 5 or 10l keg, very similar concept and cheaper to do if you’ve already got a keg.

I am probably missing something obvious but i will ask anyway -
You have the initial £149 outlay for the system then the kits costs £15 to £20 for 10 pints so are no cheaper than shop bought beer, could i therefore ask what the draw is?

I am probably missing something obvious but i will ask anyway -
You have the initial £149 outlay for the system then the kits costs £15 to £20 for 10 pints so are no cheaper than shop bought beer, could i therefore ask what the draw is?
I was lucky and got in early so I still get all my kits for £12. Also it saves time, I can get a brew started in a little over half an hour, then just have to manage the fermentation in terms of temperature and cold crashing, you don’t have the whole hot side to deal with (which with the way current fuel costs are going is likely to increase the cost of AG brewing- but most probably don’t consider), it is supposedly more sustainable, and you end up with a decent pint IMHO. It won’t be for everyone, but then neither is a Nespresso. For me I’ll continue to use the Pinter for different styles of beer and AG to brew because I enjoy it.

Thanks for explaining Wobbly.

What i still don't get is why go to the trouble of making your own at £1:50 to £2 a bottle when you could simply go to the supermarket and buy decent beer?

Take two of my go to beers below at 4 for £6 in the supermarket could i make better at that price with the Pinter?

Please note i am not trying to knock the Pinter its looks like a decent bit of kit its just a shame the kits for it are not a bit cheaper.

1639501381109.png
1639501427169.png

Last edited:
Why do any of us Homebrew at all? I didn’t before I had a Pinter, it was my gateway to AG, now I do both because it’s more fun than just cracking open a bottle or a can.

Why do any of us Homebrew at all?

Some to save money.

Some to make better beer than they can buy.

Some both.

If the Pinter made decent beer at 50p a pint i would get it but you are not making beer any more than i am making my own wine when i make a kit i get AG you are "making" the beer how you want it to taste but with this you are not, this is why i was struggling to get my head round the attraction of the Pinter and the more i read the less i get it, it doesn't make cheap beer it probably doesn't make better beer than you can buy which is a shame, if the kits were a lot cheaper i imagine they would sell a lot more units.

Last edited:
I was bought one of the Mk1's as a gift. Its an absolute pile of *****.
Like the man said if something seems too good to be true it probably is. Theres no way on this earth or fullers that you can get a decent drink out of one no matter how you mess around with brew times or cold crash it till your blue in the face and believe me Ive tried.
As for the mark 2 just look at the so called review vid above the beers as cloudy as hell and it seems a bit too slick to be an honest review anyway.
As for the facebook group if you criticise the pinter in anyway you'll quickly get taken off the group plus be called a bunch of names before you do.
Best thing you use one for is a very expensive door stop.
Regards
Bob

Some to save money.

Now I’m reusing live yeast, milling bulk bought grains and turning out 22L AG brews at around £20 a pop on a slightly more than a once monthly basis, it’s only going to be 1 more year before the Grainfather has paid for itself.
Unfortunately, since I bought it, I switched to kegging, set up 2 temp controlled brew fridges and switched the stainless for fermentation.
I’d like to weigh in on the money saving aspect, but I’ll have to settle on the better than shop bought argument instead.
Also, I’d acknowledge that you can do AG cheaper, just don’t tell my wife😂

Last edited:
I take it you're not a big fan Bob.

Looking forward to your next review :laugh8:
Whatever makes you think that Lol, daft thing is I would absolutely love it if it did work, just annoying being taken for a mug, cant tell you how many mailers emails etc Ive had off em trying to sell me a Mk2, like they say fool me once.

Theres no way on this earth or fullers that you can get a decent drink out of one no matter how you mess around with brew times or cold crash it till your blue in the face and believe me Ive tried.
The beer that came out of mine was decent enough for an extract kit, especially the Weiss beer but I suppose that's a bit more forgiving for clarity! It was better than my first full size extract brew and definitely better than my first AG one but, once I'd worked out what I was doing, I'd say you get a much better beer from an AG brew than a Pinter, and a lot more of it!
It got me into proper brewing so, if it does that to a few more people, then that's only a good thing.

The beer that came out of mine was decent enough for an extract kit, especially the Weiss beer but I suppose that's a bit more forgiving for clarity! It was better than my first full size extract brew and definitely better than my first AG one but, once I'd worked out what I was doing, I'd say you get a much better beer from an AG brew than a Pinter, and a lot more of it!
It got me into proper brewing so, if it does that to a few more people, then that's only a good thing.
Stripey have made some great Pinter brews managing the cold side appropriately. I love all things brewing doing AG as well. For me the Pinter allows me to fit in brewing around a very busy schedule. I am trading money for time and convenience, much like traditional extract brewers do versus AG ones. Each to their own but it’s all about making the best beer you can around your lifestyle.

Check out and for what I assume is an unbiased set of reviews

I wouldn’t trust these reviews remotely and doubt they’re unbiased. There were several negative remarks on his comments sections that were removed. I’m not saying he’s a paid shill, but judging by his almost totally positive reviews of the Pinter 1 and the speed of which he received the Pinter 2 with their ongoing delivery issues, I suspect he’s at least got some deal with them.

I wouldn’t trust these reviews remotely and doubt they’re unbiased. There were several negative remarks on his comments sections that were removed. I’m not saying he’s a paid shill, but judging by his almost totally positive reviews of the Pinter 1 and the speed of which he received the Pinter 2 with their ongoing delivery issues, I suspect he’s at least got some deal with them.
Trappist agree, hence my caveat ‘supposedly unbiased’ I trust very few on social media, especially the influencers.

A home brewer friend of mine has been trying to convince me to get one, he swears by it in addition to his normal brewing but I can't really see the benefit for me so far.
Sandimas agreed. I will probably move more towards AG over time

Back