PINTER beer system

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just discovered that a friend of mines partner bought him a Pinter 2 for Christmas. It’s already blown its contents out of the back. New Pinter, same old problems. Total shambles of a company.

just discovered that a friend of mines partner bought him a Pinter 2 for Christmas. It’s already blown its contents out of the back. New Pinter, same old problems. Total shambles of a company.
Trappist just to provide a different perspective, used mine over the break and for a New England IPA worked a treat, lovely brew minimum fuss.

Attachments

• AE0E426A-2CC7-4346-AEAF-D17C3D0D51CB.jpeg
    AE0E426A-2CC7-4346-AEAF-D17C3D0D51CB.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 30
I enjoyed it for what it was, a beginners way (me included) into "pressure" fermenting your beer.

I feel the Pinter is aimed at beer enthusiasts who simply want to brew their own beer without much fuss/equipment. It is built on the idea that the brewer probably will not have any other equipment like fermentation chamber or even a hydrometer. It was also extremely useful for me to brew just 4-5 litres, as anything larger would be inconvenient.

The biggest issue I found with the Pinter (and even worse for the Pinter 2 from what I am reading) is the build quality/lack of QC. There have been countless issues with the Pinter, even experiencing it for myself with a leaking valve.

I believe the traditional beer kit manufacturers could learn a thing or 2 from Pinter, and that is making smaller batches. For me, the smaller batches allowed for quicker turnover of beer and meant I was going back buying different "presses" and experiencing new beer.

Hello All
I have the Pinter 1 - modified with a Schrader valve & S30 arrangement to inject CO2 - pressure test and pore the Hop Oil into this Modified Pinter1

My intention is to pore the Hop Oil under pressure on the 4th day of conditioning in the fridge brewing dock having been removed for conditioning does this figure rightly fellow Pinter Brewers...joe

Hello All
I have the Pinter 1 - modified with a Schrader valve & S30 arrangement to inject CO2 - pressure test and pore the Hop Oil into this Modified Pinter1

My intention is to pore the Hop Oil under pressure on the 4th day of conditioning in the fridge brewing dock having been removed for conditioning does this figure rightly fellow Pinter Brewers...joe

Would love to see a picture of the set up. Can’t comment as to whether it will work, but can’t see why not.

So, I am trying to get my head around this... Can the Pinter effectively be used in the same way as a fermzilla all-rounder, in that you pour wort, pitch your yeast and then let it ferment under pressure?

Could you then either lager in a secondary or pour straight from the unit?

And am I thinking if you intend on pouring straight from the unit it would be better suited to make beers where the yeast adds flavour in the glass, such as a wheat beer?

With the limitations being capacity and build quality?

So, I am trying to get my head around this... Can the Pinter effectively be used in the same way as a fermzilla all-rounder, in that you pour wort, pitch your yeast and then let it ferment under pressure?

Could you then either lager in a secondary or pour straight from the unit?

And am I thinking if you intend on pouring straight from the unit it would be better suited to make beers where the yeast adds flavour in the glass, such as a wheat beer?

With the limitations being capacity and build quality?
In a nutshell, yes to your question.

Though there are some other limitations;
- Unsure what the built in PRV pressure is. You may require different PSI depending on beer style.
- Taking a gravity sample would essentially mean releasing all/most pressure in Pinter.
- No way to increase pressure other than the natural CO2 from fermentation.
- If you are racking to a secondary, then you cannot close transfer, which is one of the major benefits of a traditional pressure FV.

You can essentially just brew in a Pinter as you would a Pinter pack. So either from extract, partial or even all grain. It would just require to be scaled down to the Pinter capacity. My advice, if you would like to pressure ferment, then I would look into a traditional pressure FV, such as the the Fermenter King Junior + the 15 PSI PRV would mean you wouldn't even need a spunding providing you're happy with 15 PSI pressure while fermenting. Both can be bought for £40 combined, though you would then need some other pieces of equipment such as CO2, regulator and taps to then serve.

So if you make a lager in it do you need to keep it at 10c for 3 weeks then condition for another 10? Then drink it all in 4 days because that's how long it lasts once tapped.

I've been looking at the videos and forums and the best beers seem to be "Post-Purchase Rationalisation", "Cognitive Dissonance" and "Thank God This Was Free".
Just came across this, best laugh I've had today, thanks!

Picked a V2 up on Facebook cheap with 2 winter sun presses. Had never seen or heard of it before but a quick google told me i was essentially buying 20 pints for £35 and getting a free pressure barrel.

I was blown over by the result, truly the best HB my little experienced had produced (well babysat is more accurate). At least pub quality IMHO. However the tapping stage is not without issues, so much gas blows it out of the tap like a bad curry the night before, in fact mine came from behind the tap collar if poured at 45 degrees. (bit of complaining and they have sent me a new tap and a replacement Fresh Press, so top marks for Customer service.

I know the purists will cock a leg at it, but all in all the top stuff to drink is the name of the game and it delivers in spades

Lots being sold secondhand in the usual places, so can’t be that good?

Think the price of the Fresh presses will undoubtedly sink in to some once the gimmick has worn off. Gotta say though, what i got out of the other end was phenomenal, tapped a day early too, curiosity got the better of me

Attachments

• pinter winter sun day early.jpg
    pinter winter sun day early.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 0
Last weekend I was at a party talking about brewing and a couple of guys had the pinta thing.

I have not heard of it before. Both said they were simple to use and sometimes made nice beer. Other times they came home to find the whole lot on their kitchen floors after the unit blew its seals. One of the chap spoke to the company and they send him a replacement which done the same thing first time he used it.

Sounds like its almost there but still needs a bit of work.

buddsy

Last weekend I was at a party talking about brewing and a couple of guys had the pinta thing.

I have not heard of it before. Both said they were simple to use and sometimes made nice beer. Other times they came home to find the whole lot on their kitchen floors after the unit blew its seals. One of the chap spoke to the company and they send him a replacement which done the same thing first time he used it.

Sounds like its almost there but still needs a bit of work.

buddsy
I had read that on a few reviews (after i had collected it) it did have me thinking i should have it in a barrel or something. The first brew was over carbonated and it didn't pop, so i'm hoping the welding on mine doesn't have a weakness. The first ones were plastic i believe and the welds would buckle under the pressure, pinter 2 i think are powder coated aluminium so fingers crossed

The first ones were plastic i believe and the welds would buckle under the pressure, pinter 2 i think are powder coated aluminium so fingers crossed
These guys has the Pinta 2.

Id just make sure you have it somewhere if it starts leaking it doesnt do any damage. Could you leave it in your bath to be safe?

buddsy

I suspect that this is primarily targeted at the ‘mens‘ gift market who will use it once then never again. From the few reviews and comments written by people who have actually used it it does seem to actually produce a decent beer. But the problem is that you can also produce decent enough beer from kits at a fraction of the price, for some the convenience may be worth the premium but not for me at any rate.

Have a couple, got me into brewing so grateful for that. Now have a Grainfather G30. When they work they can brew very good beer. I still have a subscription as an early adopter so can get a kit for £12 rather than current inflated costs. Would definitely recommend being in a container as they can leak, though 🤞 never experienced. What I particularly liked was being able to brew 10 pints of one style one month & another the next. Don’t want to drink 40 pints of just one style.

Split down a Festival Weiss Beer kit and brewed it in the Pinter 2 worked very well.

These guys has the Pinta 2.

Id just make sure you have it somewhere if it starts leaking it doesnt do any damage. Could you leave it in your bath to be safe?

buddsy
I'm lucky she lets me brew in the house as it is (she honestly has a sense of smell that would shame a sniffer dog). I hoping since it didn't leak under load last time that it doesn't have any flawed joints

Back