PLAATO Airlock (easy gravity reads)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostShip

Reaction score
This looks cool. However, having seen the price, I'll leave it for now!

------

The world's first non-invasive fermentation analyzer that monitors every step of the fermentation from wherever you are.

PLAATO Airlock connects to your local WiFi and gives you real-time access to:

- Specific Gravity
- Temperature
- Alcohol Content
- Fermentation activity

This lets you know when the fermentation starts and when its ended, all directly accessible through the included PLAATO-app.

https://plaato.io

------

From their site:
"By knowing the rate of CO2-release, PLAATO Airlock can estimate the Specific gravity and alcohol content of the brew."
and
"the volume and Original Gravity of the batch must be typed in."

So you need another gravity measuring device anyway.

Wouldn't fit in the fridge anyway :)

it regulates the bubble out put and counts the bubbles then uses an algorithm to calculate from the bubbles as the rate of CO2 is produced at a chemical rate it can work out the conversion rate and the gravity. It is only as good as the algorithm but you can correct it by checking with hydrometer and it will amend the algorithm to match your reading and therefore calibrate.

Most reviews I have read say good idea but inaccurate. Plus if you use hydrometer to check it then why not just use hydrometer and save the money?

And yes it needs the OG and volume as that is part of the equation, it applies the algorithm to that

it regulates the bubble out put and counts the bubbles then uses an algorithm to calculate from the bubbles as the rate of CO2 is produced at a chemical rate it can work out the conversion rate and the gravity. It is only as good as the algorithm but you can correct it by checking with hydrometer and it will amend the algorithm to match your reading and therefore calibrate.

Most reviews I have read say good idea but inaccurate. Plus if you use hydrometer to check it then why not just use hydrometer and save the money?

And yes it needs the OG and volume as that is part of the equation, it applies the algorithm to that

Hmmmm, what can possibly go wrong...

My plaato is refusing to connect towifi. 2.4ghz setting and everything is as it should be but it will not do it, it did 2 weeks ago and now I close to throwing into the tip. Why can it do it once but not twice?

Latest posts

Back