Plaato keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor2112

Reaction score
I've just had an email saying my two have been despatched. Has anyone got a plaato keg yet? First impressions?

Seems to work perfectly apart from no response from Plaato after requesting a token to register it with Brewfather which is disappointing.

Very accurate so far an the app notifications have been reliable.

I have to be honest until I saw this thread I had no idea what this was now on looking it up I am strangely tempted to buy one (despite the not insignificant price tag damm my need for shiny new brew gizmo).

Can it be calibrated for different keg sizes I.e. I use 9.5L corny kegs so if it’s only good for 19L kegs wouldn’t be much good for me.

Yes, you tare it off, tell it how heavy your keg is and the maximum volume.

You can even weigh the full keg like I did and fine tune the offset until it reads what you need too.

I’m going to get another in a month or 2 if they ever reply to my request for a brewfather token.

Last edited:
ACD80A35-903F-4204-9FBC-30DAFF18D717.png

Yes, you tare it off, tell it how heavy your keg and the maximum volume.

You can even weigh the full keg like I did and fine tune the offset until it reads what you need too.

I’m going to get another in a month or 2 if they very reply to my request for a brewfather token.
Thanks Ihave to admit it looks like a really nice piece of kit (and would be nice to tell how much is left in my keg (although still a little hard to justify which proably means I will have it on my next order if only to get above the free delivery threshold on Malt Miller).

Man that looks great! I started off with a set of 'digital luggage scales', but use them so infrequently - I just slosh the keg around a bit, but this would be fun! Is it wired? Able to transmit out of a keezer?

Thanks Ihave to admit it looks like a really nice piece of kit (and would be nice to tell how much is left in my keg (although still a little hard to justify which proably means I will have it on my next order if only to get above the free delivery threshold on Malt Miller).
It just bought a bag of citra.

Be warned that if you have the taller thinner corny kegs, pretty much all new ones and a proportion of the old ones, then these are wider than the keg; not an issue with the kegs themselves but it means that you will likely not be able to fit a many kegs in your keeper/kegerator as you could before.

Be warned that if you have the taller thinner corny kegs, pretty much all new ones and a proportion of the old ones, then these are wider than the keg; not an issue with the kegs themselves but it means that you will likely not be able to fit a many kegs in your keeper/kegerator as you could before.

Good shout, cheers for that @F00b4r . I reckon I can get 6 kegs and a co2 in my keezer with a bit of maneuvering but I'm happily limiting it to 4 + co2 to save any hassle with lifting in and out and avoiding cables/pipes etc. Excellent point though, measure twice cut once kinda thing 😀

Latest posts

Back