plastic keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robsan77

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'd love some cornys but dont have any spare cash right now. I do have an old plastic keg however and I was wondering about carbonation. I am thinking that I can add sugar and carbonate that way as I do with bottles but I am guessing that as the beer goes down it will go flat so... What would be the best / cheapest method for keeping it carbed??

Hi mate. Iv just moved onto a corny after doing a couple of brew's in my plastic keg.

Does your plastic keg have any way of injecting co2? My one doesn't, it just has a pressure release valve. In my opinion its not really worth using the plastic keg without a way of padding co2 when it goes flat. Mine went flat when they where still half full!

If your keg doesn't have a way of gassing it up you need to get an s30 valve for the screw on lid. Then you can use either the small disposable co2 'chargers', or a refillable co2 cannister. Think the valve is about £7 and the refillable canister about £20 to buy and then £5ish to get it refilled. I'm told they do about 10 or so brews. I wouldn't bother with the small disposable chargers.

By the way, a corny may not be as expensive as you think. I got mine for £35 delivered.

[
By the way, a corny may not be as expensive as you think. I got mine for £35 delivered.[/quote]

i wish i could find them at that price
where did you get it from if you dont mind me asking

darrenwest1 said:
[
By the way, a corny may not be as expensive as you think. I got mine for £35 delivered.

i wish i could find them at that price
where did you get it from if you dont mind me asking[/quote]
Me to please tell ????? :pray:

John did it come with disconnects?
Just had two delivered off Norm for £93, that included postage, disconnects and a couple of meters of 3/8 pipe

Thanks Trunky, I'll be after a couple more near the end of the month :thumb:

Building a kegerator soon, so needed the disconnects and pipe, that deal was a bargain though, I'll ask Norm when I buy next

I got one of norm for £35 so I presume that he must do the discount if you buy 2. Il get 2 more next time I think. They are only cosmetically imperfect. This would not be suitable for guy;s who like to have them on show, but for me its perfect.

Back