Pliny clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alastair70

In need of constant supervision
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Planning to give this version a go for my next brew, but the software is throwing out some fairly extreme values, like an IBU or over 180.
Has anyone had a go at the home brewer association one, or any other version and had had a good result?

I brewed a lower abv version of it. Brew it, ignoring the IBUs calculations as the numbers are theoretical and there's a threshold to how we perceive bitterness, c90 ibus IIRC.

Sounds like a plan, cheers all. 15L batch going on once I’ve some FV space available. Ive got 2 lagers on the go at the minute, but the Helles is looking like it’ll be keg ready in a fortnight.

Sounds like a plan, cheers all. 15L batch going on once I’ve some FV space available. Ive got 2 lagers on the go at the minute, but the Helles is looking like it’ll be keg ready in a fortnight.
Have you watched the most recent YouTube video from craft beer channel..they are cloning the beer and interview Russian River.

Have you looked at the CML website the do a Pliny Mix. I have had great success with their clone mixes.
Ps I think Sadfield is right about the IBU's I am very susceptible to IBU intolerance as I have said before but certain high IBU drinks can strangely be tolerable it is that perceived bitterness thing which can go both ways Most Strange

I did a recipe kit of this beer a few years ago and it came out really nice, even though I forgot to convert it from US to Imperial gallons, making it a little under strength.
The recipe is here

Latest posts

Back