Polytunnel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it came complete. ..absolutely everything. Got it from First tunnels. A few build options available,we went for timber base rails as I didn't fancy trenching the poly cover...although I did with around a foot of it all round to keep the slugs at bay. The frame has plates on the end of every upright and they are buried about 2ft. The base rails slide and secure on the upright and are used to tension the cover.
Instructions were very detailed...just need to read over a few times..but even better are the videos on the Web site showing you how.

Can’t go wrong with first tunnels. The only mistake I made was going to small with my first tunnel 5/6 years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good stuff. I hear that Nemaslug I the way to go for chemical free slug control. I had it recommended to me a few weeks back and everything I've read backs up what I was told.

20180527_102645.jpg
20180527_102701.jpg

Bit of an update...been busy growing and planting. Got around 26 mixed tomatoes, melons,cucumbers, aubergines,peppers,chillies,celery and lettuce. ...

Nice Clint. What ventilation have you got? Double doors at each end? Did you got for the side vent kit?

With the heat and that many plants in there humidity is your enemy. I'm sure you know that, but in my tunnel it was always my biggest battle.

That and white fly/spider mite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get much slug problem in our tunnel but mostly because we don't splash water everywhere so except directly on a plant our raised beds are bone dry on the surface. Stops weeds germinating too.

I've got a few plants with pots sunk near them to water into...this keeps the surface dry. The paths are very anti slug .......bone dry spikey wood chippings.

Looks great Clint I would love to be able to grow my own stuff but only have a small concrete yard so have no chance.

Did that a while ago but there are a lot of cats round here and they used the pots as a cat litter tray. :yuk:

Looking good Clint! Well on your way to a glut. It's my first year attempting to grow anything and I'm already dreaming of moving out the city and getting a poly. Harvested much yet? I've had a dozen courgette, a few chillis, a few punnets of strawberries and more spinach and chard than we can eat. Eyes are on the tomatoes though, with loads of fruit coming through.

btw Chippy - cats were a nightmare here too, ******** all over the veg patch, raised beds and lawn where the kids play. Sorted now though, it's amazing what a water pistol can do. Now they keep well away, and the ones that are brave enough to venture in aren't comfortable enough to take a squat.

Back