Polytunnel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just used a couple in Cole slaw instead of cabbage, it works well for that.
I might take a second look at kohlrabi then. Didn't like it that much cooked and sort of wrote it off as a vegetable.

I've just found a load of butternut squash seedlings coming up in the compost. Probably too late for much but I may be able to build a coldframe around it enough to get something. If they survive I will plant fresh seed earlier next year. The rain killed off last years efforts.

IMG-20200831-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20200831-WA0000.jpg

Potato time! I had to use the wheel barrow to get them to the car...got at least 50kg..and a giant cabbage!!

nice harvest. unfortunately my entire crop is now rotting in a mush of potatoe soup due to a water leak that's affected my allotments. it's been 3 months since I first noticed and reported.

makes you wonder how our water companies can allow such a waste of water to go unrepaired for so long. must be millions of cubic metres of water wasted each week it's unrepaired

contact your MP or local bbc tv studio - they are desparate for stories...........
The bbc online site always appear to be really desperate for stories. You only have to look at some of the rubbish they publish on there to find that out.
Today's classics includes 'Nancy Pelosi seen without mask inside San Franscisco hair salon' and 'Can I go on holiday to
Greece or Portugal'.
How the mighty have fallen

Our potatoes were eaten by ants this year- gutted. Little holes in most of them ☹️

Just bought a 2nd hand 7m x 3m polytunnel metal frame and doors at the weekend for £100. I had to dismantle it but it means I know how it goes back together! Luckily it wasn’t postcreted in, it was just buried. So with new plastic on order I’m soon to be a polytunneller!

Just bought a 2nd hand 7m x 3m polytunnel metal frame and doors at the weekend for £100. I had to dismantle it but it means I know how it goes back together! Luckily it wasn’t postcreted in, it was just buried. So with new plastic on order I’m soon to be a polytunneller!
the great thing is if you get it up quick you'll be able to start to grow some stuff now and through the winter

My allotment neighbour bought a 9'x6' polytunnel/greenhouse from Aldi earlier this year for just over £100. It looked good so I tried to buy one myself but they had sold out. Anyway he spent time money and effort build a base for it to sit on and secured it to same, rather than just tying it down with the supplied pegs and guy ropes. Two weeks ago we had gale force winds which tore the plastic sheeting to shreds. He told me it the instructions mentioned it only good for winds of up to 30mph, which were exceeded in the storms. So be careful what you buy is my comment.

Go to First Tunnels and make sure you buy thier plastic and fixings. A great quality tunnel and will do everything you could possibly need.

After the winter grown spuds, mine are just starting to show through, 4 beds divided between Dutch cream and Kipfler.
004.JPG
Lots of seedlings on the go, over a hundred tomato seedlings of various types, some were old seeds I didn't expect to see germinate. What I don't use I give to the neighbours.
Capsicums. Giant Bell and California Wonder, Chilli, Birds Eye, Habenero, Cayenne and Jalapeno,
Egg Plant, shallots, bunching onions, cucumber Butternut pumpkin, zucchini, Marrow and Fothergills Temptation strawberry.
001.JPG 002.JPG
003.JPG 001.JPG

Back