Polytunnel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20180812_162936.jpg
IMG_20180812_161835.jpg
just lifted a few rows of spuds,a nice cauliflower and a few plums ..

View attachment 14921 View attachment 14922 just lifted a few rows of spuds,a nice cauliflower and a few plums ..

Good going on the brassicas. I just cannot grow those things.

I'm still waiting for my green gauges to come ready. It's been a low yield year this year but I can't wait to eat them

IMG_7094.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brassicas...it's funny we have two part plots away from each other,they seem to grow better on one than the other. I did put in some fertilizer for brassica though.

I got some chocolate habenaros in the tunnel..almost black,very little taste though,perhaps they need longer. My Cayennes are nice and hot! More cayenne next year as they're good for curry and some jalapenos and something unusual...

I got some chocolate habenaros in the tunnel..almost black,very little taste though,perhaps they need longer. My Cayennes are nice and hot! More cayenne next year as they're good for curry and some jalapenos and something unusual...
Wonder if they're ripe mate, shouldn't be short on flavour. Cayenne, yeah I've got over growing stupid hot chillies, tend to grow what I cook with now. I've not grown a cayenne this year, but there's one called Charleston Hot that I really rate.

IMG_0599.jpg

Nothing to shout about ... but at least they’re growing and just one in a chilli tonight was yummy !

Don’t ask what they are ! No idea , garden centre purchase !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was away in France when the OP happened but I'm very impressed with the result. :thumb:

I dream of having a garden like yours; and when I can afford it, I'll pay someone to make me one! :laugh8:

My Dad was an enthusiastic gardener and he had two allotments side by side. To try and get me interested in his hobby, Dad let me spend the Autumns of my childhood digging them over ready for the winter frosts.

I never really got interested and although being paid the princely sum of 2/6d (12.5p in new money) each year was some compensation, it killed any enthusiasm I might have had for gardening!

Hi!
Like @Dutto my Dad was a brilliant gardner. He was the hossshit king of his village - nothing dropped out of a horses **** that wasn't collected by him in his barrow!
Our outside cludgie was always festooned with bunches of enormous onions.
Unfortunately, I took no interest in gardening and now that he's gone I bitterly regret it.

My dad was a farmer's son. Though he went to become a builder he still had that thing with animals and plants. He rented a plot just outside of town and had some cows mooing around. Buy small, feed them, sell them for meat price, buy small again.

I understand him a bit more since I took up brewing.

Back