Polytunnel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew Sarpo this year and didn't do anything special, just left them out for a bit in the tunnel and then potted them up. They seem to be growing well from the look of the growth on top of the buckets.

Collected a couple of leeks for a Chicken leek and mushroom casserole. Found some surprise spuds from spuds I had missed during last springs harvest.
002.JPG

Good haul that Clint. I did all my potatoes in pots this year and they came out ok. Just picked a load of Jalapenos and pickled them as well. Struggling to get rid of all the cherry tomatoes this year, I may have gone a bit overboard.

Good haul that Clint. I did all my potatoes in pots this year and they came out ok. Just picked a load of Jalapenos and pickled them as well. Struggling to get rid of all the cherry tomatoes this year, I may have gone a bit overboard.
If you have space...FREEZE! They're great for cooking.

Last of the leeks going to the freezer.
DSC_1341.JPG

Ground they came out of is dig ready for broad beans to be planted.
Time to get kitchen cleaned up ready for brew day!

Autumn is a bad time of the year for me all the summer veggies are dying off, starting to plant my seeds for winter veg. Feel like I'm going around in cycles.
Had a bumper tomato crop been going since Christmas and still going, though losing there legs rapidly now.
001.JPG 002.JPG

003.JPG 004.JPG006.JPG

Last edited:
Yes..they're quite small. They're not kumquats...Mrs says they're mandarin so well spotted!
Keep an eye out for any unnatural growth with spikes on them, they are usually grafted onto a lemon tree so you will have to keep pruning those branches off if they show up.

Me too, did my potatoes as well as planting modules of lettuce, beetroot, kohl rabi, florence fennel, coriander and dill. Greenhouse is producing loads of salads. Going back this afternoon to plant some broccoli di ciccio which I have not grown before and some spinach. Everything is under fleece

Started the clear out of mine today and discovered the door one of the door uprights has rotted through and given way. Not sure how Im going to sort that, the rest of it is still going strong 10yrs down the line and I don’t fancy replacing the whole covering.

20220904_130728.jpg

Been down the plot this morning and dug the remaining second earlies..and one red which I think is a Caladonia rose. Must be at least 15kg. We still have 10x18 rows of main crop left to dig. I also had some broccoli ,spring onions,a cauli and more tomatoes.

Started the clear out of mine today and discovered the door one of the door uprights has rotted through and given way. Not sure how Im going to sort that, the rest of it is still going strong 10yrs down the line and I don’t fancy replacing the whole covering.
You may be able to release the batons holding the covering round the bit you need to replace. Then dig out the frame,replace and secure the cover.

Back