Polytunnel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG-20190428-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20190428-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20190428-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20190428-WA0003.jpg
hello all,busy today at the allotment...inside the tunnel tomatoes planted,a load of lettuce and the big pile of mangetout that we planted in January is covered in pods. Outside there's a load of garlic planted last October that's done really well...and rather a few onions!

View attachment 18821 View attachment 18822 View attachment 18823 View attachment 18824 hello all,busy today at the allotment...inside the tunnel tomatoes planted,a load of lettuce and the big pile of mangetout that we planted in January is covered in pods. Outside there's a load of garlic planted last October that's done really well...and rather a few onions!
Nice work. My toms have been in a few weeks. Lost my cucumber, pepper to that late cold weather and frost a few weeks back. Just replanted some replacements today. Beans, sweetcorn and butter nuts sowed today to. Hopefully get the rest of the beets and carrots in over the next week.

View attachment 20087 I went with a couple of these veg trugs this year - expensive but easy to keep on top of. Have gone great guns, about to cut some cucumber, toms, spring onion and little gems to go with a nice sirloin for my tea.View attachment 20087
I’ve been away on hols for the last 3 weeks so I dread to think of where my veg patch and poly tunnel has gone. I’ve had someone coming in and watering my sweat peas in exchange for picking whatever is ready. Apparently there has been a French bean avalanche along with courgettes and toms. I’ll post some pictures when I get back. And I’m hoping my sweat corn isn’t far away from being ready on my return.

Love the look of those toms. Very meaty looking. What were the variety?

I thought they were eastern European..but the only variety I've grown beginning with Z is Zapotec...a Mexican variety...but they are supposed to be "pleated"... I'll have another look...

Ready for a BLT now. There is nothing better than tomatoes grown naturally. The supermarket tomatoes are so inferior, I only buy them when making salsa or something similar.
Great garden. I'm a little jealous.

I suspect mine has turned into a jungle while I’ve been away.....

Brew day on Saturday tho

That’s a years supply of cabbage right there!

I got my son (4) into growing this summer. We don’t have a lot of space so it’s just a few random pots and gro bags scattered around the garden. It’s a heck of a way to get him to eat vegetables though when he grew them himself, he’s loving the tomatoes and radishes.

Back