Polytunnel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooooops! All these years and I always thought the lyric was 'and men chunder' :coat:
That is in the song too. 'Where beer does flow and men chunder'

... and ex-PM's are exported to work for free! clapa
You do know he is a 'to and from' born in London.

I only asked as you seemed to be about to sow tomato seeds..........
Yes, exact opposite to your weather, when you are sowing for winter veggie we are sowing for summer.

Got four beds of spuds, earthed them up today, gave them some Rooster Booster and will be mulching them in the next few days rain dependant.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 149
IMG_20201004_181453.jpg

A few more tomatos today...they're still producing quite a lot. We've frozen about 20kg which will we used for cooking during the winter..
Also had loads of chillies,cabbage,spinach,apples...my aubergine are starting to fruit but don't hold out much hope for them.
In the tunnel...planted peas,lettuce, coriander and spring onions...

A few more tomatos today...they're still producing quite a lot. .....

And this is why I want nothing to do with a greenhouse or a polytunnel!

After many fights with our various wives over sandwiches at work (*) we decided to pool all our sandwiches and then take our pick from the wonderful selection! This lasted until one lad turned up with tomato sandwiches garnished with liberal amounts of "Green Tomato Chutney" and started my lifelong dislike of "grow your own". Sorry!

(*) BTW, the fights with wives followed a regular pattern. After the honeymoon period the man had to answer the question "What would you like me to make for your pack-up tomorrow?" to which he invariably replied "I'm not bothered." but his wife then insisted and received a reply.

In my case it was "Well, a jam, a cheese and a tuna sandwich would be a nice variety; maybe with an apple." Behold, the very next day I went to work with exactly that combination ...

... and be it on days, afternoons or nights, exactly the same for the following two years!

After two years, I finally worked up enough courage to broach the subject and suggested that some variety might be in order and was immediately met with a flood of tears and "But you said that you liked that combination." which was rapidly followed by dire threats that all revolved around the sentence "Maybe you would like to make them yourself."

That was why we chose to share - until the sandwiches in question!

Happy Days?

I have been using up my leeks, leek and fish curry, creamy leek chicken and button mushroom casserole, tonight leeks, bok choy Chinese cabbage and scallops stir fry.

Going to have a crack at mushroom growing using spent grains and pea straw as the substrate.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 142
Got a load of green tomatoes picked this afternoon from the garden- any good recipe ideas? I’m tempted to make a green ketchup

The past week or so I've put up higher fences and a couple of padlocked gates on my plot as I've had about 10 cabbages and all my pears stolen...the thing is if someone had asked I'd have given them some...
I sincerely hope I don't catch anybody stealing my stuff...

I had all my plums stolen and a large amount of courguettes and blueberries this year. ******* annoying

Many years ago, we had crops go missing from our allotments.
Got to the point that as soon as anything was ripe, it went missing.
A chap a few plots along got an old fork, cut a groove into the underside of the handle, and araldited a Stanley blade in to it. He then drove it into the ground, in a prominent place, and left it.
Sure enough, the fork was still there, albeit with a reddish-brown stain down the shaft...

Many years ago, we had crops go missing from our allotments.
Got to the point that as soon as anything was ripe, it went missing.
A chap a few plots along got an old fork, cut a groove into the underside of the handle, and araldited a Stanley blade in to it. He then drove it into the ground, in a prominent place, and left it.
Sure enough, the fork was still there, albeit with a reddish-brown stain down the shaft...
What’s wrong with people? Absolute mutants...

Back