Popcorn Kernels.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would you want to do this? how does "popped corn" benefit any beer?

It's a varient of using maize. If you've read the rest of the posts in the thread Gerry is wanting to make a BMC (Bud/Miller/Coors) lite type beer for his missus, a light lager if your going by BJCP style guidlines. I'm drinking a similar style this evening which I made with ASDA cornflakes (and a bit of sugar to help dry it out) instead of the popcorn

It's a varient of using maize. If you've read the rest of the posts in the thread Gerry is wanting to make a BMC (Bud/Miller/Coors) lite type beer for his missus, a light lager if your going by BJCP style guidlines. I'm drinking a similar style this evening which I made with ASDA cornflakes (and a bit of sugar to help dry it out) instead of the popcorn
How has that turned out with cornflakes as I would be tempted to buy bulk maize feed for £7.50...

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

How has that turned out with cornflakes as I would be tempted to buy bulk maize feed for ��£7.50...

Fantastic. Just what I was aiming for. No off flavours at all, It's just not very smooth yet. Mainly because I'm drinking it after only 4 days in the bottle :lol:(havent got anything else to drink and I'm certainly not buying beer).

It's just like a BMC beer, very crisp. Once it smooths out I think it will be almost like I lagered it too. Even MrsMQ has asked for some and she usually sticks to her low alcohol white wines

Fantastic. Just what I was aiming for. No off flavours at all, It's just not very smooth yet. Mainly because I'm drinking it after only 4 days in the bottle [emoji38](havent got anything else to drink and I'm certainly not buying beer).

It's just like a BMC beer, very crisp. Once it smooths out I think it will be almost like I lagered it too. Even MrsMQ has asked for some and she usually sticks to her low alcohol white wines
Excellent must delve further into it....

Latest posts

Back