Popcorn.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many years ago Walkers brought out a cheese popcorn called 'Sundog' it was SO good, they discontinued it though.

I am a popcorn noob i didn't know there were different flavours :laugh8:

To be honest its been donkeys years since i have eaten it.

Popped in coconut oil with nutritional yeast and a bit of Frank's red hot or Cholula.

The last lot I had was at the cinema well over a year ago..it was stale..so I tipped it all over the floor for a great big laugh.
(I binned it really).
I like the idea of making some but wouldn't know where to start....

The last lot I had was at the cinema well over a year ago..it was stale..so I tipped it all over the floor for a great big laugh.
(I binned it really).
I like the idea of making some but wouldn't know where to start....
I bought the kernels from eBay and a simple popcorn maker from Amazon and filled a 25l FV and still had half a bag left.Did make it in a pop but that was laborious though there does seem to be a few experts on this thread with some tasty ideas and they might even share their methods.

I usually use a bit of coconut oil in a 3-4 liter sauce pan with a lid. Heat on medium heat and add the kernels once the oil is hot. Give it a shake every 30 seconds and it should be done popping after a few minutes. It's not as healthy as the air poppers but tastes much better.

Yeah, it's so easy to make. Most bigger supermarkets sell popping corn, it's cheap as chips too. Loads of good recipes out there that are much better than cinema popcorn, it can be great savory as well as sweet.

For clarified butter I just add a large knob to a mug, microwave it for 20-30s or so to just melt it (you can do this in a pan of course), it should separate then pour off the clarified oil and leave the solids.

Latest posts

Back