POPS Homebrew, Forester's Arms Golden Citrus Blast Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pearlfisher

Landlord.
Reaction score
I sampled my latest batch of homebrew yesterday , only been in the barrel 3 days ,Forester's Arms Golden Citrus Burst which POPS in Cheltenham puts together himself , uses 2 tins of Coopers LME , Muntons yeast and one large muslin bag of grain and hops which is boiled for 40 mins. in total plus a smaller bag of aroma hops boiled with it for 10 mins.
Not cheap at £28.99 but very good value compared to pub prices!
I'd made 2 batches of his Amber Citrus burst previously ,but this Golden one is amazing , it is a very pale golden colour and bursting full of flavours. He told me he'd tried to replicate Sierra Nevada Pale Ale , it was very similar.
Just hope it doesn't lose the sweetness too much , as I may still be tasting some of the dextrose used for the secondary fermentation.

At last, a mention of Foresters on a homebrew forum :D

I'm a big fan of this kit. I brewed this for the second time ready for Easter and have just finished the keg. I bottled a few too thankfully. Got to say that it's my favourite kit, a light hoppy summer ale not a million miles away from Timothy Taylor Landlord. Both my kits fermented right out, unlike many other kits I've tried - came out at about 4.4% by my calcs.

Will definately be doing this one again, and again. It's Golden Citrus Blast BTW ;)

GoldenCitrusBlast.jpg

Latest posts

Back