Pork chops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tomorrows dinner if thawed in time if not Tuesday there is 2
50D47718-A9C2-4CA0-B699-15B568263A6D.jpeg

It is indeed dangerous trying to separate frozen things with sharp knives I snapped the point off one of my big chef knives.
Anyway..back to the chops...what's a good way to cook them? I've always ended up with the meat too dry. Plus I need a recipe to cook just one.

Pork is great sous vide, 2 hours for a thick chop at 60c. Then cool a bit and sear.

They benefit from a wet salt/sugar brine for extra juicyness. 7% salt 3% sugar for 2 hours will do the trick. For a thin chop 1 hour

Last edited:
I wouldn't suggest this, necessarily, but a butter knife doesn't cause much worse than flying chops that likely will hit the floor. Also, a BAC less than whatever legal driving is, is recommended.
I've only had success with searing pork medallions and then in the crock pot with stuff.

My dad ended up getting a dedicated "kitchen screwdriver" for my mum to use for splitting frozen meat! Screwdriver + wooden hammer is far safer than a knife.

One of my favourite weekday recipes is Jamie Oliver's pork chops with pears, parsnip and spuds - marinade the chops in herby/garlicy goodness for a few hours or overnight, then bung in the oven for 45-60 minutes with pears/veg. Really simple and easy, the pears make it a bit lighter than it would be with just root veg.

https://kellyandryan.com/recipes/the-naked-chef-jamie-olivers-pan-baked-pork-chops/

Latest posts

Back