Positive only thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My lads have just let me know that my four granddaughters have received their "letters from Santa" that I arrange every year from the NSPCC.
Lately they have been delivered by the respective 'Elf on the shelf' the next morning.

So I should have some exited granddaughters tomorrow! 🎅🎅
I'm sure there will be some big smiles tomorrow..

16 vocation beers arrived today plus we found an oak dinning table from a local supplier to finish our dining room off and it's being delivered on Tuesday. Saves having to wait weeks for an oak furniture land table that would cost more and not look as nice 😁

The Mrs has won a car and it gets dropped off today at 10am
The only problem is,
she only has an auto licence,
she has a suv as she struggles to get in a normal car with arthritis,
and she can't sell it as it turns out it's actually only a lease for 2 years , 🙄

Oh and she doesn't know she's won it yet.

My daughter and second oldest at 17 passed her driving theory test today so now she can apply for her driving test.
This will give us 2 designated drivers when she gets her test though another young driver on the insurance but shall be worth it.

My beloved has had a year of successes. Completed her Master's, passed three national accredited exams and received her Enrolled Agent accreditation from the US Internal Revenue Service, obtained her first full time position in 30yrs, and found out yesterday she has passed her first of five exams to qualify for her CPA ("Chartered Accountant" in UK).

On top of all that she now makes more than 2x my income. 🤠

Six of these beauties arrived a day early from Germany (More to follow tomorrow) just in time to drink while joining in with carols on the doorstep tonight.
Made me smile!

Starkbeer.jpg

I thought the enhanced lockdown in wales would screw up the following: But managed to get car serviced, new table delivered & place for xmas old table went to recycling (although it was unsafe to take it to the councils re-cycle shop) so in the skip it went and its a sunny day for a cycle.

Last edited:
We ordered a load of gardening stuff like 2 days ago and legit already arrived lol. Some of it arrived this morning. I mean we weren’t gonna start for like 2 weeks but I was still super stoked that it arrived so soon lol

Also, I might forget tomorrow, so imma take this opportunity to wish all of you guys a very Merry Christmas, hope you have a great day and you all have a **** ton of booze and food for happy days.

You guys are awesome

Secret Santa beer night, I got two corkers. There are some phenomenal brewers on the forum and I definitely hit it lucky with my pair. Can’t wait to see who was responsible and I’d have a go at both if the recipes arent protected by intellectual interest.

Merry Christmas to you all.

I don't want to be too positive this year as that would leave me susceptible to being hit by lightning. ⚡
(If you think I'm trying to be negative, then guilty as charged...lol)

Back