Post Brexit food standards,,,

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think what worries them is that others will also pull out of the EU group if our exit seems easy. If Germany follows suit who will end up paying the bills?

There are a couple of threads floating about, whereby I asked the forumites opinion on this.

Edit:I think the general opinion, with regards to hops and grains, is it wont have much of an effect. How much is harvested each year will affect these crucial ingredients much more
It might be about time somebody like yourself, or Chippy, who represents the Forum contacted the bigger suppliers and asked them what they think's going to happen. If they haven't got a clue after all this time then there's something wrong with their business planning.

I think what worries them is that others will also pull out of the EU group if our exit seems easy. If Germany follows suit who will end up paying the bills?
There might be some countries with dodgy governments like Romania or Poland, who might be inclined that way, but don't underestimate the Europeanness of European countries. The people feel European much more than we little islanders do and it can be hard to imagine.
Remember what happened when Farridge went to Austria stirring up trouble and sticking his nose in before their elections. He let it drop that if they voted such and such a way, that turned every man, woman, child, cat and dog against him in an instant and they voted the other way.

The indicator of what may happen if anything lies with the big breweries not Hb supply shops. I can't see commercial beer supply stopping.

The indicator of what may happen if anything lies with the big breweries not Hb supply shops. I can't see commercial beer supply stopping.

It won't stop, no. They may find ingredient costs/access is quite different though.

I may be wrong but are we still seeing remainers saying its all going to end badly and the leavers saying the opposite just like every Brexit thread we had before the ban, I guess we will soon see who was right.
It's more than that, Chippy, it's a worry that our current bunch of clowns doesn't have the good of the people and securing the best deal possible at heart. All Bojo and the ERG are concerned about is lining their pockets of themselves and their mates. We don't matter a jot, but the majority follow like sheep. I don't even think most of the Tory backbenchers know or care very much what's going on. Many are still shocked that they were elected.

I wonder where the majority of smaller breweries and microbreweries get their supplies from. Judging by the wholesale side of people like Geterbrewed, I think these homebrew supply shops are bigger businesses than you imagine.

I wouldnt worry too much about that. Even the fascist parties in Europe like those lead by marine lepenne have stopped calling for an exit from the EU (Frexit in the case of lepenne and france) after seeing the absolute mess that is Brexit

UK will not go backwards on quality of any of its products or any "standards" to trade into the EU or anywhere else. Britain is a world leader to which others aspire to,our products and services are world class and carry prestige that people want.
Except people shopping in pyjamas.

escepially people shopping in pyjamas. athumb..

adsa morriston - saw someone walk in pyjamas in bare feel, went to the the footware and put slippers on this was around 10pm. However in asda merthyr tydfil the customers there dress up to go shopping. lots of fur coasts in evidence :rolleyes:

I wouldnt worry too much about that. Even the fascist parties in Europe like those lead by marine lepenne have stopped calling for an exit from the EU (Frexit in the case of lepenne and france) after seeing the absolute mess that is Brexit

Any country in the EU with a popular leave or anti-EU sentiment is just going to wait and see. If UK does well or no worse they'll be tempted. If we end up in the merde or scheisse then they'll have a good laugh at us. We've always produced comedy greats maybe Brexit will the latest. The truth is who really knows at present?

UK will not go backwards on quality of any of its products or any "standards" to trade into the EU or anywhere else. Britain is a world leader to which others aspire to,our products and services are world class and carry prestige that people want.
Except people shopping in pyjamas.
Interesting sentiment and very noble, no doubt, but could you give us a few examples of these world-class products. Apart from beer, of course, where we truly excel. Oh, and Ryvita. Even HP Sauce is made in the Neds.

Any country in the EU with a popular leave or anti-EU sentiment is just going to wait and see. If UK does well or no worse they'll be tempted. If we end up in the merde or scheisse then they'll have a good laugh at us. We've always produced comedy greats maybe Brexit will the latest. The truth is who really knows at present?

As I understand it, we're doing worse already and we haven't even left yet. Brexit has already cost Britain billions and I believe our GDP already taken a hit. But you're right the rest of the EU countries is looking on

British-owned car companies, Bristol, Morgan, Caterham, Ginetta, TVR and McLaren try and get one of these cars without a waiting list and thats just the car section without looking at the other items manufactured in this country. We still have some very desirable products in this country

British-owned car companies, Bristol, Morgan, Caterham, Ginetta, TVR and McLaren try and get one of these cars without a waiting list and thats just the car section without looking at the other items manufactured in this country. We still have some very desirable products in this country

They are also very niche. Do TVR still exist? And doesn't McLaren use Mercedes engines?

THE UK leads in loads of stuff... medicine,science, aerospace.
I've worked in both aerospace/composites and the last ten years manufacture of medical dressings/application...the research and innovation and products I've seen HAS been world class.
Mars is far away...and making the lives of sick people better doesn't need much else saying really.

Yes TVR is still alive and Mclaren do not use Mercedes engines they use Ricardo engines a british company. All I am trying to point out is that we have some brilliant products in this country that the world wants and everything is not doom and gloom

The thing is are the ones that keep saying the UK is rubbish and doomed wanted to stay in the EU?
Do they really have such a poor view of the country they live in?
Perhaps packing the bags and buggering off might be an idea....

Latest posts

Back