Post Corona beer swap.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divrack

Regular.
Reaction score
So, I don't know what the consensus view on this is, but I figured a lot of people are going to be bored and brewing and a bit isolated, so doing some lockdown beer swaps might be a fun diversion. Daft titles or prohibition style kitchen sink recipes.

However I realise that depending on people's situations it might not be a good time to be out and about to the post office etc. So perhaps not actually send anything for a few weeks, but can post some brews recipes etc in anticipation? Then send them as an end of Corona celebration or something...
Idk. I'm in a wee village in the middle of nowhere and the only shop is a post office on Thursdays, so it doesn't really risk anything me sending stuff out, but I don't want to encourage unsafe behaviours, but if anyone wants to dibs a bottle of Love in the Time of Corona to brighten their spirits let me know and I'll send you one out.

It's a new England style eldorado and hall blanc pale.

Also if anyone needs any emergency hops I've still got some left over from a group buy, but I think currently a few online stores are open also

I don't think this is a good idea. Not only is it non essential travel (unless you were going anyway) but it is adding to the issues for the delivery service. I would imagine the mail system is only adding to the spread of the virus and this type of thing should be avoided.

I don't think this is a good idea. Not only is it non essential travel (unless you were going anyway) but it is adding to the issues for the delivery service. I would imagine the mail system is only adding to the spread of the virus and this type of thing should be avoided.
Well yea I can't say I disagree, but I see no harm in arranging it as a post crisis swap, with dibs on the beers people are doing now. And I'm not exactly sure I see how the postal service is that much more stretched by having a couple of parcels. They still have to come out regardless, idk Im not wanting to irritate anyone, I know opinions are set on this on both sides and don't want to get into a culture war type situation

I did specifically suggest sending after the crisis dies down some, but whatever, I was only wanting to lighten someone's mood slightly.

I would be willing to swap as soon as the ***** storm passes. I have a weizenbock fermenting at the minute, plan to put a heffweizen on next week. Then I plan a nice hoppy pale ale for the May competition. I brew pretty regularly so more than happy to swap and get some feedback

I would be willing to swap as soon as the ***** storm passes. I have a weizenbock fermenting at the minute, plan to put a heffweizen on next week. Then I plan a nice hoppy pale ale for the May competition. I brew pretty regularly so more than happy to swap and get some feedback
I'd go for a weizenbock, don't brew much German stuff so I like a change. Not sure what I'm going to be brewing, currently got a NEPA and a couple of kveiky Scottish export style things on the go, one with hornindal, the other with espe culture which I haven't used before.

I also have some Baltic porter and a lambic style thing and an aged bretted quad although the last two are coming to the last cups and I might be sore about losing them after getting to know them so well over the last 18+ months... If you really want to try one let me know and I'll bottle one up if I can soon as I'm sure they will be gone before this crisis passes.

I'll probably do some ne style stuff, maybe a kettle sour spring something with local flora and stuff, some simple bitter style stuff. Some easy drinker English stuff. Who knows

Is there any theories regarding a certain Mexican beer and march of the virus...anyone with a masters in statistical modelling to give us a full report......any takers..!!

I'd go for a weizenbock, don't brew much German stuff so I like a change. Not sure what I'm going to be brewing, currently got a NEPA and a couple of kveiky Scottish export style things on the go, one with hornindal, the other with espe culture which I haven't used before.

I also have some Baltic porter and a lambic style thing and an aged bretted quad although the last two are coming to the last cups and I might be sore about losing them after getting to know them so well over the last 18+ months... If you really want to try one let me know and I'll bottle one up if I can soon as I'm sure they will be gone before this crisis passes.

I'll probably do some ne style stuff, maybe a kettle sour spring something with local flora and stuff, some simple bitter style stuff. Some easy drinker English stuff. Who knows
My plan was to brew a few German beer the only one I have ever brewed was a kolsch. I have sabro and cashmere lined up for my hoppy pale ale.
I have a coconut porter and a English style red ale which is a raw beer in the bottles and a imperial stout done with Voss kviek which should be bottled next week some time. So come the end of lock down I should have a few to pick from.

So far during this mess I have bottled flowers inspired pale ale, mount hood pale, 'english red' (which doesn't look very red). Have Consondonk inspired Belgian and John Ford ESB in fermenters and planning a hazy beer next week called Radioactive Waste - it should glow if I get it right. Happy to swap any of these for a surprise return when everything settles down 🙃 assuming there will be enough time to condition... No guarantee on quality, a bit russian roulette...

Latest posts

Back