Posting Homebrew To A Friend

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul7189

Regular.
Reaction score
Does anyone regularly ship home brew to a friend within the UK?

I am looking at getting a cannular pro when they're back in stop at brewkegtap in a couple of months and was wondering does anyone regularly send their home brew to friends. I have a good friend who moved about 250 miles away and its a shame that he never gets to enjoy any of my beer so was looking at sending him some regular deliveries.

The main issues I have come across is that the couriers either don't accept liquids or the ones that do seem to charge double the amount. Who do you use?

Cheers!

Plenty of people post beer - esp. for bottle swaps and competitions.

Royal Mail for me - 2nd class up to 2kg is £3-ish

That said, you're probably talking about bulk, which I can't help you with, except standard couriers and you're right certain couriers have a no-no list.

I have used Interparcel in the past for other couriered items (not beer)

And I won't go in to the details, as I don't know them off by heart, but in theory you are only allowed to homebrew for personal consumption on you own premises. But, hey.

(Another edit: if someone can point me in the direction of 'legal' / government references I'd be interested in reading them. I can't find them, only references to "proper brewers" under Alcohol Duties)

Last edited:
Second-class Royal Mail parcel post is fine, as noted. You can send two 500 ml glass bottles for £3.20. Maybe more if you use PET bottles.

Posters here are doing it all the time, for swaps and competitions; I just put a parcel in the post myself this morning. Pack it well with bubble-wrap or similar.

Cheers, yeah I was thinking 12-24 330ml cans at a time. DHL seem to be the best option I can find and Royal Mail will allow it if you pay them the extra. They're not home brewed beer cans.... its mainly water mr customs and excise man.

Latest posts

Back