Potentially silly question...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

Peeb

Reaction score
Back to the original post,ignoring the elephant stuff, I would be well pleased if the brew was nearly clear at bottling stage.i would store in a cooler place now and look forward to a well done job in a couple of weeks

Reaction score
First of all, I would like to apologise to @gillonstewart for diverting a perfectly reasonable thread into nonsense

Secondly, thank you all for your contributions; it's good to see that I am not the only one on here who is totally bonkers

Thirdly, I would like to thank my psychiatrist and therapist (all 3 of them). The injections have been helping, but not as much as the ointment.

gillonstewart

Reaction score
Well Saturday has come. 7 whole days in the bottle and time for a carbonation test.

Poured a glass of crystal clear and completely flat beer. Zero carbonation. Nada. Zilch. 😥. Doesn't taste particularly great either if I'm honest, not awful but there's an aftertaste I'm not enjoying, very bitter.

Is it just a time thing? The beer is still in the living room which is the warmest part of the house, probably around 18°. Used carbonation drops to prime. Cap appeared to be on properly and was fitted with one of those lever arm machines.

Disappointing because I was looking forward to a good beer. I'll try another one next Saturday and if the result is the same I might just tip it all into a pressure barrel and try carbonating the whole batch.

Peeb

Reaction score
Pls don't give e up on this batch.i do lots of kit brews and would never expect it to be ready in 7 days, 3 to 4 wks at least to carbonate nicely. Store this one away and make another to keep your production going

gillonstewart

Reaction score
Pls don't give e up on this batch.i do lots of kit brews and would never expect it to be ready in 7 days, 3 to 4 wks at least to carbonate nicely. Store this one away and make another to keep your production going
I'm not going to give up on it. I don't know what to expect with bottled beer but going with comments above and elsewhere I did expect at least a hint of carbonation.

If after another couple of weeks it's still showing no signs of carbonation I'll Chuck it into a pressure barrel and inject CO2 and carbonate the whole batch.

Latest posts