Poured with nitro?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just did a bit of googling and found some discussion on using N2O instead of N2 this place even sells it for beer http://www.brewstore.co.uk/n20-nitrogen-gas-nitrous-oxide-bulbs-pack-of-10 . No definite conclusions some say it dissolves in beer better than CO2 others say it doesn't like nitrogen. I would say its better used as an anaesthetic or to make your car go faster but would love someone to try it and let us know. Make sure you not arrested as its covered under the legal high law.

Wow 2 posts while I was typing mine. Don't use NO2 as it nitrogen dioxide and toxic. Its N2 you want.

I did one 6 litre Tap-a-draft keg with one of these N2o cartridges. Beer tasted fine and I suffered no negative reactions. The issue was the head was crazy. I had to pour into a large jug and then I put the jug in the fridge for about 10 minutes before it settled out. I initially thought I had over carbonated by adding too much priming sugar.

Back