• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Equipment For Sale Powell Brewing Stainless Steel 3 Vessel System

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ossiary

Reaction score
£300 ONO
Located in Glasgow, Scotland.

Hi all,

After needing to relocate my brewing area to a smaller area in the garage (rather than our Kitchen) I have changed to an all-in-one brewing system which has a smaller footprint than my current 3 Vessel setup. Unfortunately, this means I am selling my Powell brewing 50L system. It comprises of:

• 50L HLT - Stainless Steel with:
    • Polycarbonate Sight Glass marked for 15L – 45L
    • Thermometer and Thermowell
    • 2 Piece ball Lock Tap
  • 50L Mash Tun - Stainless Steel with:
    • Stainless Steel False Bottom
    • 2 Piece ball Lock Tap
  • 50L Kettle - Stainless Steel with:
    • Hop and Trub filter
    • 2 Piece ball Lock Tap
  • 7.5Kw Gas Burner
    • Comes with a Butane Regulator
    • Note: I have not used this piece of equipment and I bought it second-hand. It should be considered untested and sold as seen. Replacement cost would be approx. £30.
  • Copper Immersion Chiller
    • Excellent cooling performance when used as recommended. Happy to talk through when picking up.
  • Stainless Steel Hop Spider – Large
  • Silicone Tubing x 2
    • Far better than plastic tubing as can withstand higher temperatures for sanitising and does not impart a taste to the wort at those higher transfer temperatures. Could potentially be used with a pump for recirculation if you decide to go that way in the future (Not supplied).
  • BIAB Bag:
    • Useful to allow finer crush and can be used in Mash Tun or in Brew kettle.
    • Bungee Cord to secure in place.
  • Insulation Materials:
    • Hot water tank insulation set and Insulation sheets for under the Mash Tun
      • I use this to help maintain a steady Mash Tun Temperature for longer Mashes.
  • Hydrometer and Sampling Tube (Plastic)
  • pH Meter and a couple of Buffer solutions for calibrating.
  • 24mm Spanner to fit the Taps/Sight Glass.
  • Wooden bench NOT INCLUDED. :D
I have a few other bits and pieces that I can throw in, we can chat about that when you contact me.

Things to note:

• There are three tap-to-hose connectors (Pieces of 15mm copper piping), currently only two have the Compression Olive attached. I have been swapping the HLT/Kettle connectors to use and never actually got round to fitting the third.
  • The silicone sealant around a couple of the fittings has a charred surface, this does not affect the operation and is purely cosmetic.
  • I tighten the connectors for all Taps and Sight Glasses before each brew, and while they are never loose it is a bit belt and braces approach.
  • The plastic seal around the False Bottom has a small insert, this creates a good seal but is easily replaced.
I’m setting a reasonable price as I’d like it to go to someone looking to either take a first step into AG brewing or to upgrade to Stainless Steel. This was my first All Grain system, it has been a reliable and very robust set of equipment. I’ve learned a lot in the 18 months I have been using it and completed about 25 Batches.

Always happy to talk about brewing so get in touch for a chat if you’re interested. Collection only, sorry, but too big and unwieldy to post. Cash on collection too.

Attachments

• 3 Vessels.JPG
    3 Vessels.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Cooling Coil and Hop Spider.JPG
    Cooling Coil and Hop Spider.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 51
  • False Bottom.JPG
    False Bottom.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 45
  • HLT Inside.JPG
    HLT Inside.JPG