Football Season 2022/23.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

With half the season gone who will win this season's Premier League?

• Arsenal

• Manchester City

• Manchester United

• Newcastle

• Other - pleast post in thread

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Who is looking forward to the football season starting again?

I am not a tennis fan and don't have Sky so haven't seen much of the golf so the sooner its back on the better.

As with all other football threads can we keep this for the fans not the haters, thanks.

1658258397208.png

I am glad they are finally going to crack down the attack on Forrest player Billy Sharpe could have seriously injured him, it would appear its the new game for the knuckle draggers lets hope this stops it.

https://twitter.com/bbccumbriasport
BBC Sport Cumbria
@bbccumbriasport

Pitch invaders at EFL and EPL games will receive an automatic club ban under brand new measures to tackle fan behaviour.

This is a slow motion video he was running full pelt when he connected.

Last edited:
Im a follower and not a one team supporter. Sounds like sitting on the fence but I dont get worked up about it. Follow Palace, Brighton, and Arsenal in the Prem. and a few other teams in the lower leagues like Sutton! I just hope they all do well and there is no untold violence.

Im a follower and not a one team supporter. Sounds like sitting on the fence but I dont get worked up about it.

No harm in sitting on the fence if you enjoy it, i am a City supporter and before anyone says it i was there when we were ****, i always want Newcastle to do well as they are SWMBO's team but obviously not when we play them ;)

It is Dutto how old is that?
I really don’t know how old the tankard is. I think it was a Limited Edition (I’ve got the Certificate somewhere) when Maine Road was closed in 2003.

George went to every home game until he was unable to stand (sometime in the early 2,000’s) so when City beat QPR 3-2 in 2011 to win the League I phoned him with the question “What did you think of that then?”

George had switched his TV off when City were 2-1 down to QPR and didn’t know about the two late goals! The air turned blue!
clapa

BTW, if anyone wonders how I am coming up 80 and have an Uncle aged 90, my Nana (Uncle George’s Mum) was having children in her late 30’s.

This is why there are only 2 years between George and my elder sister! A long-lived and fertile family eh?
:hat:

Not a fan of a particular team.
My wife and I watch most of the televised prem games, for the last 10 years we have had a prediction score sheet.
3 points for a correct score.
2 points for correct goal difference
1 point for a result
amazing how close it is each year.
Have going to the women's Euro games this year and have tickets for the final.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the start of the season myself. Don`t go now but still keep a keen interest when it`s on TV.
I have been watching some of the old games that used to be televised on ITV and Granada with Brian Moore and Gerald Sindstat, think the spellings wrong, 70`s and 80`s games. The state of the pitches at some of the grounds was bad.
BTW, a Liverpool supporter.

I think todays game showed its business as usual for Liverpool and it may take a few games for Haaland to click but i am sure he will, i am just glad to see football back even if the result didn't go the way i wanted.

Summer signing Darwin Nunez sealed victory as Liverpool landed the first blow of the season on champions Manchester City by winning a thrilling Community Shield encounter.

The FA Cup winners were pipped to the Premier League title by a single point last term after a season-long fight with City, but came out on top in a tremendous game in Leicester.
Playing at the King Power Stadium rather than Wembley - which will host Sunday's Women's Euros final - the two sides did not hold back in a match that tends to be badged as a 'glorified friendly'.

Reds full-back Trent Alexander-Arnold scored the opening goal with a curling effort from the edge of the box which took a slight deflection off Nathan Ake and nestled in the far corner.

He celebrated by raising his finger to his lips in front of the City supporters, who had helped generate a thunderous atmosphere by trading jibes with their Liverpool counterparts.

City's star summer signing Erling Haaland showed glimpses of what he will bring by drawing a good save from Adrian, while Nunez had a one-on-one effort kept out by Ederson.

But it was another newcomer - Julian Alvarez - who scored next, staying alert after Phil Foden's shot was saved to poke home the equaliser from close range, with the goal awarded after a lengthy VAR check.

Mohamed Salah edged Liverpool back in front by scoring from the penalty spot with eight minutes remaining after referee Craig Pawson adjudged - from looking at the pitchside monitor - that Ruben Dias had handled inside the area.

And Nunez had the final say, stooping to head in from close range before wheeling off to celebrate in front of his new supporters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62275194

Last edited:
I am with interest today to see if my team Leeds are in for another dogfight as we are up against what is considered as one of our close contenders for relegation.
What is interesting is that Chris Sutton has forecast Man Utd to get beat 3 nil and he is the one that has forecast Leeds to be relegated

What is interesting is that Chris Sutton has forecast Man Utd to get beat 3 nil and he is the one that has forecast Leeds to be relegated

I will be very surprised if Leeds get relegated.

My predictions -

Villa v Everton = Draw

Arsenal v Leicester = Leicester win.

Brighton v Newcastle = Newcastle win

City v Bournemouth = city win

Southampton v Leeds = Draw.

Wolves v Fulham = Draw

Brentford v United = Brentford win. (fingers crossed) :laugh8:

ppp.JPG

We still do not have enough depth in squad and already are suffering our fate of last season with injuries. Time will tell but do not think it is going to be a easy year for us

United down 4 - 0 and it's not even half time last time they started a season this badly was 1921.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back