Premier league. [Spoiler warning]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now 9/2, i think he will take the first job offered.

Frank Lampard next club odds - Coral
  • Celtic - 4/1
  • Crystal Palace - WAS 10/1 NOW 9/2
  • Newcastle - 6/1
  • England U21 - 12/1
  • Bournemouth - 12/1
  • Any MLS Club - 12/1
  • Brighton - 14/1

Slightly less good value!

Yeah they have really missed him, mind you Maguire is not that bad acheers.

D’ya think? I’m United but I don’t think he’s been the same since playing in his version of a Greek tragedy 😮. Maybe he’ll come good again though. Van Dyke was peerless before the injury.

No way in the world he would ever end up at Celtic or Newcastle. Absolute fantasy. He's gonna have to take a massive step down now and go back into the Championship. Cannot see him getting another Premier League job in the near future, he is not in the same bracket as the managers at Palace or Brighton either. Lampard is a total novice in comparison to Hodgson and Potter.

I think Van Dyke will not be the same player he was the same as Oxlaid Chamberlin it's a mental thing
Plenty of players have recovered successfully from ACL injuries, Shearer and Van Nistelrooy to name but two. Depends on the individual. Van Dijk doesn't strike me as the mentally fragile type.

Being a Derby County supporter can't help but smile and think Rooney and Lampard at Derby?
Should have stayed with us Frank.

Interesting article Falco.
The fans perspective on this always intrigues me because, for some weird reason, the average football supporter seems to think the fans have some kind of ownership of the club whereas in reality they are no different to punters who go to the theatre or a concert. The fans simply pay to watch the entertainment, the business itself is owned by whoever holds the shares but it is a difficult concept for the football fan to get their head around. Also, the idea that some guy in a suit is investing to make money from "their club" is something the average fan does not seem to accept, the fans at most clubs seem to think some rich dude should simply plough in his own money willy nilly. In any other industry it is not a problem but football is most definitely different.

Liverpool won the premier league with ease last season but have gone backwards this season its a huge game for City today two points ahead of Man Utd with a game in hand.

TEAM NEWS

Liverpool will monitor injury doubts Sadio Mane and Fabinho in the hope they are passed fit to play on Sunday.

Alisson may also return following illness, while new signing Ozan Kabak is available, though he is unlikely to start so soon after joining on loan.
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has reported no new injuries.

City, who have won their past 13 games in league and cup, remain without Sergio Aguero, Kevin de Bruyne and Nathan Ake.

"WIN OR BUST FOR REDS" - DANNY MURPHY'S ANALYSIS

I wouldn't write Liverpool off in the Premier League title race just yet - that would be silly with the quality they have got and the mentality this team has shown in the past.

But, although we are only just past the halfway mark of the season, Sunday's game with leaders Manchester City has become a must-win game for Jurgen Klopp's side if they are going to retain their crown.

Not only is it an opportunity for Liverpool to narrow the gap and regain some of the momentum they lost in Wednesday's disappointing defeat by Brighton, a victory would also give other teams some confidence by showing that City are still beatable after racking up nine league wins in a row.

The way City are playing and the run they are on, that is clearly going to be tough. I don't see many weaknesses with them at the moment, especially defensively where they have gone up a notch or two, maybe more.

If Liverpool can win at Anfield, it gives them hope and a chance of retaining their title. If they don't, then it's going to be almost impossible for them to catch City, and I am not sure anyone else can either.

Read more of Murphy's preview of Sunday's game

Last edited:
If there had been a crowd I would go for a Liverpool win. However now I think a cautious bore draw.

The fans perspective on this always intrigues me because, for some weird reason, the average football supporter seems to think the fans have some kind of ownership of the club whereas in reality they are no different to punters who go to the theatre or a concert. The fans simply pay to watch the entertainment, the business itself is owned by whoever holds the shares but it is a difficult concept for the football fan to get their head around. Also, the idea that some guy in a suit is investing to make money from "their club" is something the average fan does not seem to accept, the fans at most clubs seem to think some rich dude should simply plough in his own money willy nilly. In any other industry it is not a problem but football is most definitely different.

I was a shareholder of and season ticket holder at Manchester United for many years before the Glazers came along with their debt mountain, so to see that same leveraged method still being used to purchase Burnley is beyond belief.

The football club ownership model here in the UK is as you described but it doesn’t have to be that way, over in Germany they do it differently and as such the fans of each club have more of a voice in how their club is run. We could do worse than adopt such a system but can’t see it happening, too much money to be made out of the current set-up.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/...ules-50-1-fifty-plus-one-explained-466583.jsp

The fans perspective on this always intrigues me because, for some weird reason, the average football supporter seems to think the fans have some kind of ownership of the club whereas in reality they are no different to punters who go to the theatre or a concert. The fans simply pay to watch the entertainment, the business itself is owned by whoever holds the shares but it is a difficult concept for the football fan to get their head around.

I am not sure the majority think they own any part of the club but i am sure crowd makes a huge difference to how a team performs especially at home, they are important to their clubs and have a huge positive effect on the way their team plays.

Latest posts

Back