President Trump promises to sort Covid-19 by 12th April

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you believe that President Trump will sort out Covid-19 in America by the 12th April 2020?

• Yes!

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • No!

Votes: 42 93.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My $.02 on this thread, and then I'm done...
  1. President Trump was not my first choice. (My first preferences were either Ted Cruz or Dr. Ben Carson.) But there were sixteen Republican candidates in the primary, and Donald had too much populist support. He got through the primary process with all those candidates. So, he's our guy and there is no question that we're better off with him than had Clinton won.
  2. I wish he would not talk sometimes. He is not a trained public speaker. He thinks out loud at the podium and it can be embarrassing.
  3. He lets the media goad him into saying stupid sh!t.
  4. Laying the coronavirus spread in the U.S. at his feet is asinine ridiculous.

Being optimistic booked it before this cracked off so if I cancel I'll lose out. I'm thinking that Trump will sweep the figures under the carpet with the coming elections he won't want it around too long. In reality probably end up rescheduling holiday.

It's worth contacting the people you have a deal with!

I've just cancelled an apartment in France, return Flights with KLM (Edinburgh > Nantes > Edinburgh), one-way trip on the Channel Tunnel, two hotels in France and an evening at the Sleaford Theatre. These were all "non-refundable" but in every case I got either my money back, a Voucher for the future or a re-booking six months hence.

For sheer irony and proving the saying "It's an ill wind that blows no-one any good.", I made just over £5 when I was refunded the money for the apartment in France! The value of the GB Pound had plummeted against the Euro between when I paid for the apartment via Visa in £'s (£1 = €1.16) and when they sent the refund back to Visa in €'s (£1 = €1.10).

Happy Days!

Support for Trump very much reminds me of a poster I saw in Saudi Arabia many, many years ago!

"Eat sh1t. Ten million flies can't be wrong!"

A coupe of days ago, I watched a video of a reporter interviewing Trump supporters at a "Trump Rally" before the last election. It demonstrated just how the perceptions of Trump supporters had been manipulated.

In amongst all these people making ludicrous allegations against people who opposed Trump, my favourite was the lady who indignantly explained how "Obama was so busy playing golf that he didn't even go to the White House when the terrorists attacked on nine-eleven."

Her indignation only becomes ludicrous when one realises that Obama wasn't the President at the time! aheadbutt

I've just watched the latest White House Briefing.

It's the one where:
  1. The Head Medical Officer of the United States tells everyone that they now recommend that people start wearing face-masks when they are in company; and still keep up with social distancing.
  2. The President of the United States tells everyone that he won't be wearing a face-mask!
What a plank!

Back