pressure barrel/keg needed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used to bottle, but then sourced a cheap PB - moved it on after a few brews as it was a pain in the backside to keep sealed and maintain good pressure. Bought a King Keg & had no problems. Bought another a while later, again no problems. Have moved on now to three cornys, but still keep the KKs for stouts and ales at lower serving pressures. Always hold their pressure, I change the seals annually as a maintenance routine.

actually thought the PB had sprung a leak earlier and went in quickly to check.
it wasn't the PB.
it was water p*ssing into my bathroom from the flat above.

The new style Wilko barrels are ok, I have 2, and 3 KKs. Only thing I would recommend is change the **** tap, for a KK style tap.

I changed mine today as it was / is ****. I did though have a problem from the outset as even when bought new the tap leaked through the pinhole on the front.

I cured it with Vaseline and stupidly brewed another Wobblygob Cider and put that in there. Within 3 days I had lost 1 and a 1/2 pints (no great loss its horrible - Ginger Beer ish) so taday I bought a new Budget Tap and heigh ho no leaks

I am going to get a new KK Barrel - Top Tap when they come into stock and that will be 3 of them . I will then pension off my Rotokeg onto Cidwe duties and Wilko can have this abomination back (after I put their **** tap back on of course)

Latest posts

Back