Pressure barrel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 29978
Yes, another satisfied King Keg user here - I have two of them. They are just like any piece of pressurised apparatus in any walk of life - maintain the seals regularly & they will be generally fault free. By regularly I mean I have changed mine once since I bought them six years ago, never had any leaks during use, apart from an S30 valve failing - but that's hardly the fault of the King Keg. Have fitted mine with small pressure gauges to monitor the secondary carbonation, which has been very useful for dispensing reliably. Also I give the seals a fine smear of food grade silicon when it all comes apart for cleaning. Only other modification from standard, as Old Geezer has done, is to fit sparkler taps.
trying mine for first time. pressure seems to be fluctuating. is this normal. looks like I have the same set up as your photo

trying mine for first time. pressure seems to be fluctuating. is this normal. looks like I have the same set up as your photo
...when you say fluctuating, are you testing your KK or have you got beer in it? If you’ve got beer in it and it’s carbonated the pressure will reduce when you pour or if you have a leak. If you think you might have a leak spray the S30 valve with soapy water and look for bubbles.
If you’re testing your KK by almost filling it with water and then pressurising it with CO2 the pressure will drop over a relatively short time as the CO2 dissolves into the water.

I have beer in it now. It's been in around 24 hours and sat at about 1 psi or close to that. I have sprayed it and cannot see or hear any leaks. I'll keep an eye on it but I think it will be ok fingers crossed

Cool!! It seems to be holding a small amount of pressure. So I should expect to see this rise in the next 7-10? I’ll be praying to the carbonation gods 👍👍

Attachments

• 734C3777-F452-4EAF-9856-45F54E2BB40A.jpeg
    734C3777-F452-4EAF-9856-45F54E2BB40A.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts

Back