Pressuring barrel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyjvaughan1000

Reaction score
A while back I bought one of those brewing starter kits it was very successful. I have now brewed another batch but I’m struggling to add co2 to pressurise the beer keg. The original kit came with a all plastic bulb holder that did work but now it dosent. I’ve bought a new bulb holder with a s/s thread but it’s not working. I have 8 gram bulbs

Any ideas

A while back I bought one of those brewing starter kits it was very successful. I have now brewed another batch but I’m struggling to add co2 to pressurise the beer keg. The original kit came with a all plastic bulb holder that did work but now it dosent. I’ve bought a new bulb holder with a s/s thread but it’s not working. I have 8 gram bulbs

Any ideas
Some bulbs have a slightly smaller size and don’t pierce. Try a piece of paper folded a few times behind the bulb in the holder so it is pressed forward.

If it's a 25 litre barrel you're gonna need a whole lot of them Co2 cartridges. I would add a little sugar and if needed yeast and prime carb in the barrel. Use the Co2 for dispensing

Back