Prices about to go up substantially

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Moe

Regular.
Reaction score
Just been shopping on GEB, their malt has gone up on the recipe builder.

crisp ale malt was £1 per kg last time I ordered and is now £1.40/kg.

Unsure what Maris otter was as I didn’t order it last time but it’s now £1.70/kg.
😭

Jakeyboi

Landlord.
Reaction score
I’ve not brewed for a year, just done an order for supplies and am shocked!!! Most things seem to have doubled in that time.

jackthehat

Reaction score
So that's £15 less you'll spend on a crap brew. Go you! xD
Ha Ha There is that!

I needed something quick and cheap until i can fire up the old Grainfather again. I remembered I'd done this kit ages ago, when it was about the £8 mark and it was OK-ish, but at £15 I went for my old standby of Cooper's Original.

Druncan

Senior Moments
Reaction score
In September I was planning ahead for the brewing development. I made our first bulk order with Muntons for 25kg sacks of Planet extra light malt @ £0.57/kg they even gave me 1/2 pallet delivery @ £33 to Tiree. clapaacheers.

My wife gave me hell when it arrived and asked - "where the fek is that lot going?" Oooops, I forgot to mention why we had put all the 200l tubs in the loft and an old freezer,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Rigged a pulley and with her 'assistance' the end result is that I have 250 kg of malt in sealed storage bins in my loft. I'm totally spoilt I know,,,🥰
However, I just wonder what the next price will be,,,,,,,,,:rolleyes:ashock1

Reaction score
M0 25kg
24,6,21. £23.75
13,1,22 £27.71
Today. £31.88
My last 2 invoices from Maltmiller exVAT
I know that this doesn't work for everyone because of location but

25kg Crisp MO from our malt buying co-operative is £20.86 in total Search - maris otter

But you need to collect from S Cheshire

If a few people from the same area got together and shared collection costs - this might save you some money?

Other people have done this in the past

Reaction score
I know that this doesn't work for everyone because of location but

25kg Crisp MO from our malt buying co-operative is £20.86 in total Search - maris otter

But you need to collect from S Cheshire

If a few people from the same area got together and shared collection costs - this might save you some money?

Other people have done this in the past
I’m in jersey so no chance, Delivery is expensive but I do get things VAT free so kinda evens out

AJA

Regular.
Reaction score
Just went thru to the checkout, £11.52 postage, so almost half the cost of the bag of malt :(

Anyone got any other sources of 25kg sacks of malt?
Just visited my parents in Peterborough and took the opportunity to order some malt from Brewer's Select (Baird's). It's £20 or so for Maris Otter, £22 for golden promise. No minimum order