Pricing help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddynoob

Reaction score
Are these cheap?

2nd hand kit £25

also heated mashing bucket £50

Attachments

• A318B567-D33E-4659-96E6-156D61AD02EF.png
    A318B567-D33E-4659-96E6-156D61AD02EF.png
    96.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 3E9E453E-6812-4AFF-92A6-9D31D71F3AFE.png
    3E9E453E-6812-4AFF-92A6-9D31D71F3AFE.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 76
In the left photo there appear to be two fermenters, four demijohns, hand capper, bungs, caps, hydrometer and I can't tell whats in the large plastic bag on the left. Good value for £25, provided you want to use those dj's, are you planning to try some wine making? The mash bucket, which I assume is also second hand would cost you £75 new.

Not really sure on on making wine
Have just started trying to do the lager
Could probably get mashing bucket for £40-£45

Looks like plastic bungs and a air lock in the plastic bag
What could I use the DJs for if I make lager
Would buy mainly for fvs and caps

Is wine easy to do?

I'm not so sure. I started using one of these Electrim buckets in the eighties and I found them rubbish, both for mashing and boiling. Youd do better getting a picnic box with a manifold and tap for mashing. The other collection looks like a bot of a clear out. I'd invest my money in long-term stuff rather than spend it twice.
I suppose the FVs and odds and ends probably are decent VFM, make sure they're not damaged.

Am waiting to see how my first attempt goes before I start getting better gear
Have had loads of great advice on this forum
So hopefully all turns out well
Only had a couple of problems which was understanding the hydrometer and keeping the temperature right
Which I have my fv wrapped in a sleeping basket

£75 to get AG brewing? Bargain. The mash bucket could be down graded to hot liquor duties in the future. Or, moved on at a similar price.

Latest posts

Back