Priming TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiefstoker

Regular.
Reaction score
I was thinking of priming a 23L batch of TC with blend of AJ and AJ with preservatives to retain more appley flavour, would this work or would the preservatives (pot sorb) kill off the yeasties?

anyone tried this?

:cheers: CS

I'd guess the preservatives would make the yeast sulk at the very least. I wouldn't risk killing them off as I want sparkle.

chiefstoker said:
would this work or would the preservatives (pot sorb) kill off the yeasties?
Pot Sorb won't kill off the yeasties, it just stops them making any more yeasties. If it contains sodium metabisulphite, that's a different matter.

Moley said:
Pot Sorb won't kill off the yeasties, it just stops them making any more yeasties. If it contains sodium metabisulphite, that's a different matter.
I completely agree with you on the effects of Potassium Sorbate, but would like to know your thoughts on the use of Sulphur dioxide.

ericstd said:
would like to know your thoughts on the use of Sulphur dioxide.
I know that campden tablets / sodium metabisulphite in water releases sulphur dioxide, but other than that I've never given it any thought whatsoever. Why do you ask?

Latest posts

Back