Prince Andrew settles US civil sex assault case

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not always the popular viewpoint but there's sense to both sides to settle (and most civil case do end up in a settlement, the courts would collapse without). The "I'd have my day in court" brigade take a huge risk.

As for Ms Giuffre, I can't say I blame her for settling vs a protracted court case where your teenage life is put on show and someone is trying to disprove your story.

£12m is of course a lot of money but the sub-masters who took on the Post Office and 'won' £58m only got £12m once legal costs were factored in, equating to £20k each and aren't eligible to claim off the government scheme setup afterwards.

Not always the popular viewpoint but there's sense to both sides to settle (and most civil case do end up in a settlement, the courts would collapse without). The "I'd have my day in court" brigade take a huge risk.

As for Ms Giuffre, I can't say I blame her for settling vs a protracted court case where your teenage life is put on show and someone is trying to disprove your story.

£12m is of course a lot of money but the sub-masters who took on the Post Office and 'won' £58m only got £12m once legal costs were factored in, equating to £20k each and aren't eligible to claim off the government scheme setup afterwards.
Exactly this.

On the news earlier some legal fella in America says he could still face a legal prosecution regardless of anything he may have paid for on his get out arrangement.
The Queen will likely foot the bill.

66F19EC2-88E7-4B7F-A148-4DA33A84407B.png

I am no lover of the royals but in the mix here are a lot of innocent people, who must be feeling really down his daughters still have to live in public knowing what their dad did, my view i would be happy to see him banged up for a very long time

I am no lover of the royals but in the mix here are a lot of innocent people, who must be feeling really down his daughters still have to live in public knowing what their dad did, my view i would be happy to see him banged up for a very long time
I think the royals and the like are taught/ conditioned from birth that they are not "normal" ,are above society and basically can do what they like.
For proof..Read above.

I think his ex wife knew what he was like and cleared off long before it broke. And can say nothing in case she had an accident in a tunnel.

Shamelessly stolen off Twitter.

Oh the grand old Duke of York,
He had twelve million quid,
He gave it to someone he never met,
For something he never did!

Back