Problem with starting Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APINTA

Regular.
Reaction score
I need some advice please On October 29th will be 69th birthday and I know my boys will be getting me beer & wine kits for my birthday which is very nice of them. acheers.clapa The thing is I fly of to Malaysia on the 14th November and will not be back until Dec 7th If I start the beer and wine kit to ferment on the 29th before I go away it gives me only 14 days to get it ready to finish it and put it in the keg which is cutting it very fine hoping the beer is finished in the FB. My Q is start it on the 29th hope it is ready to transfer to the PB and when I come back from Malaysia the beer will be ready to drink or leave it in the FB for 3 weeks and transfer when i get back then transfer it then but will not be ready for xmas or do not bother brewing before I go. The beer kits will be either one of Festive or St peter's beer kits if that helps I like the first option if poss:beer1::hat:

I think both options would be fine, Like you id go for the first as once ive a brew in mind I like to crack on..
And if its less hoppy and more malty the time scale sounds spot onathumb..

For beer, start it off a day or so before you leave and PB it when you get back. It'll still have 2 weeks in the PB before Christmas which is plenty, if not perfection.

Latest posts

Back