Programmes that over ran theyre welcome

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBC news and all soap operas ever made.

I watch BBC news or view their site which is a great source of information and while i agree soaps are mind numbing irrelevant **** i don't think you can say they over ran their welcome (as the OP says) they are enjoyed by millions weekly but i wonder what % watching are male compared to female.

The Simpsons is the classic example, but Futurama, Family Guy, and American Dad all frankly went on long enough to run out of decent plotlines. Why can't they just let these things die a natural death?

I watch BBC news or view their site which is a great source of information and while i agree soaps are mind numbing irrelevant **** i don't think you can say they over ran their welcome (as the OP says) they are enjoyed by millions weekly but i wonder what % watching are male compared to female.

Did you mean they are a great source of misinformation? :thumb:

The Desperate housewives of wherever,they should all be banned but my missus has even roped the two girls into watching now......
All reality tv shows as well.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

The Simpsons is the classic example, but Futurama, Family Guy, and American Dad all frankly went on long enough to run out of decent plotlines. Why can't they just let these things die a natural death?

I'll never tire of the Family Guy episode where Peter gets stoned and naked with loads of puppies. Where can I get a load of puppies from?

HIGNFY is great if you watch an episode here and there, and as someone said it's quite depended on the guests. Paul Merton isn't funny and his jokes haven't improved in 20 or so years (or however old the show is).

I used to love It's Always Sunny, but got old around Season 8. The following seasons are terrible and they should have quit whilst they were ahead.

Family Guy as well went on for far too long, as did South Park. Both excellent in their prime but the networks dragging them along like the dead horses they are. I guess same can be said about the Simpsons, which started to wear thin in season 10.

I find British shows are actually better at calling it a day than American ones. A lot of British comedy is only ~3 seasons long and it's enough for a good show; perhaps there isn't such pressure to milk the show for all it's worth.

My wife loves Grace and Frankie too, I feel my brain melt as soon as I start watching it.

I hear you. Put men behaving badly on over 'friends' any day of the week.

The Desperate housewives of wherever,they should all be banned but my missus has even roped the two girls into watching now......
All reality tv shows as well.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I feel your pain.
If its filmed like 'man tracker' where cameras are coincidentally already there in the most convenient moments you could get her to explain how this is possible and maybe shel feel cheated in wasting so much tv time.

Walking dead.. started off pretty good the following seasons were up and down and its gone to absolute hell

Theyve done a new series with a different name. Same scenario but the zombies are a bit smarter

Some of the mainstream stream programs of the past never make it to air these days, yet the programs that were edgy (at the time) are seen as fine now.
'Till Death Us Do Part' excepted.
Although Garnett was intended as the parody of a racist bigot, at the time many people would have believed he was playing it straight and considered his views acceptable. Sadly there are still people who see others this way even though the world and his wife have moved on in the intervening half a century.

The Big Bang Theory. Enjoyed the first few seasons, but now it's just a bunch of overpaid twits repeating the same tired "mock nerds" jokes over and over.

Every soap opera ever, I know folks like them, but I don't and think the time and money could be used for better. lol I mean, come on, the plots even make it onto Google news... It's like football for a certain type of female.... You can picture them sitting in the pup, talking about what such and such a fictional character has been up to lately, whilst their hubbies are discussing what some overpaid ball kicker has been doing on a grass field. My mum used to make me miss Star Trek to watch a certain ruddy Aussie soap when I was a kid.... :mad1:

I'd list televised football, but I don't find that intrusive as I don't watch actual TV, so it doesn't intrude on things I actually want to watch.... lol It does annoy me though when somebody starts talking about it to me, I mean they get upset pretty quickly if I start talking about freshwater shrimp, brewing or computer gaming....:headbang:

Have I Got News for You - Merton's best ever joke was nearly 30 years ago - Newspaper cutting was 'I made Maggie ....... said Cecil'. It wasn't even Merton's round but he shouted out 'Swallow'. Unfortunately it's been downhill ever since.

Men Behaving Badly - became stale after about 3 series

Only Fools and Horses - was funny for longer than most but still overstayed it's welcome

Big Bang Theory - changed when they tried to make it the new Friends and gave them all girlfriends/wives

Back