Propane to patio gas adaptor?

Discussion in 'General Home Brew Equipment Discussion' started by nebjamin, Mar 24, 2019.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum UK by donating:

1. Mar 24, 2019 #1

nebjamin

nebjamin

nebjamin

Hi

Thinking about getting one of these burners which has a UK POL propane adaptor already fitted.

https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product/anvil-forge-burner-21kw/

However, I already have a few garden items that use patio gas (with the clip-on regulators), and having to have an extra bottle of propane (red) is gonna be inconvenient.

Anybody know of an adaptor that will convert a US ACME/QCC1 or UK POL connector to a patio gas canister?
    Tried googling a bunch and nothing obvious comes up

Thanks!
    Ben

2. Mar 24, 2019 #2

the baron

the baron

the baron

Landlord.

You need to check the gas pressure of each type as they can be different hence different regulators, I am sure somebody on here will pop up with a more knowledgeable answer than this

3. Mar 24, 2019 #3

nebjamin

nebjamin

nebjamin

4. Mar 24, 2019 #4

Wilfy

Wilfy

Wilfy

When I got my gas bbq last year, there was a shortage of patio gas and the shop wasn’t allowed to sell any (had to tell everyone to go to B&Q)! I bought a red gas bottle and a six quid regulator on the shop owners advice as it’s exactly the same thing. You would be better off financially getting new regs for your patio gas use and get red bottles for everything as the red bottles are a lot cheaper.

5. Mar 24, 2019 #5

Petrolhead

Petrolhead

Petrolhead

Patio gas is propane, it is just a marketing con, cut off the patio gas regulators and fit a propane or vice versa and buy the correct bottles.

I suspect you pay more for the branded Calor Patio Gas than regular bottles of propane so I guess Wilfy is right and in the long run it will be cheaper to change the patio gas regs to propane.

Incidentally most bbq’s will run on butane or propane so if you have different bottles just swap the regs over.