Proper Job

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would I be right in assuming at zero mins on the boil, the end of it, that's the same as the term "flame out?" And also the recipie im following says "Hop Back/Back Hop" is that the same as flame out/0 mins?

Happy days and good luck with it...Mine turned out too sweet but that's with the feck up I had mashing in.There is always next time though.
mmm I've followed a recipe scaled down to just 5 ltrs. Not sure if I've understood it properly and I've learnt a lesson in that I couldn't get all of the hops into the demijohn. I found about 4 or 5 recipes all with slight variations. Anyways its cooling down now before I put the yeast in. Its been an enjoyable morning. The next one I'm up-scaling to 10ltrs so I can chuck it in my fermentation bucket. Lets see how this one turns out...lol

Would I be right in assuming at zero mins on the boil, the end of it, that's the same as the term "flame out?" And also the recipie im following says "Hop Back/Back Hop" is that the same as flame out/0 mins?
The hop back is like a container that Blichman or similar has invented where you infuse the hops with wort through transfer either to the keg or fermenter.I maybe wrong but do recall watching some related to this.

mmm I've followed a recipe scaled down to just 5 ltrs. Not sure if I've understood it properly and I've learnt a lesson in that I couldn't get all of the hops into the demijohn. I found about 4 or 5 recipes all with slight variations. Anyways its cooling down now before I put the yeast in. Its been an enjoyable morning. The next one I'm up-scaling to 10ltrs so I can chuck it in my fermentation bucket. Lets see how this one turns out...lol
My recipe had no dry hopping as the hops were boil or flameout/whirlpool additions but I'm sure it will turn out fine.Try making a hop tea and adding before bottling once fermentation has completed.

Hi there. Does anyone have a water profile for tribute? I’m guessing very soft. I have an RO system and have stepped up a starter using proper job yeast from the bottle so hoping I can make it very close. Cheers

Hi there. Does anyone have a water profile for tribute? I’m guessing very soft. I have an RO system and have stepped up a starter using proper job yeast from the bottle so hoping I can make it very close. Cheers
Soft well water but with additions. Not sure exact amounts but probably a standard ale profile so add gypsum and magnesium etc.

I’m down to the last few pints of my Tribute clone from PJ yeast, was fantastic.

Thanks. My last beer was a TT Landlord which was great. That used very soft water so may use the same profile. I’ve made a step up starter using one bottle of PJ. Looks very active so far

Attachments

• AB49EC21-8828-4DA8-894C-8ECA7426D008.jpeg
    AB49EC21-8828-4DA8-894C-8ECA7426D008.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back