Prosecco Type sparkling Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's an old recipe here, not a kit but straight forward (If you can't find white grape juice just use an extra litre of apple juice).
5l batch night - Prosecco
Also remember this will be under pressure so you can't use standard wine bottles and corks.

I've not made this one but many similar fruit juice wines and if you use finnings they clear in a couple of days or left to clear on there own about a week or so after racking and then you can bottle. As you would be priming this one in the bottle it'll need to be kept somewhere quite warm for about a week once bottled. Then store the bottles upright undisturbed somewhere cool for a couple of weeks to allow any additional sediment produced while priming to drop out.

Any medium white kit. I use Wilko medium. I use a 30 bottle kit and when it is nearly ready, take 5 litres off into a Demi John. Do not use stopper although you can clear it. When almost finished, transfer into swing top bottles and add a level spoon of sugar to each bottle and seal. Wait for it to clear, chill and drink 😀. You will get some sediment in the bottom of the bottle but the result is good

Latest posts

Back