Protest vote results.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Folk shunned the Tories and Labour because they simply cannot vote for either anymore, so what else could they vote for except someone with a 'remain bent'? The most fleeting idea of the LibDems getting most votes when it really matters is hilarious... So looking forward to later this month. UKIP sank because it is now just a name - the vote they would have had has gone to, and been reserved for Farage's Brexit Party. Bring it on!!!

So you're saying voters who were didnt want to vote for labour/conservative for not delivering brexit voted for pro-remain parties (in the form of LD and Greens)? I dont think that stacks up. What else could they vote for? Independant candidates. They did very well
I think you're right about the EU elections though, it's going to be a blood bath

local elections are a good chance to kick the main parties in the nuts, but come a general election people are wary of voting for a Liberal, Green or another minority party. We Brits don't really want sudden change. But I think it would be wonderful if UK moved away from the two main parties.
We’d have to move away from FPTP before that could happen. I’m a paid up member of one of the big parties, but am starting to think proportional representation might be better.

Wasn't @Dutto standing as an independent ??
I stood as a Labour Candidate and came 6th out of 6! clapa

Virtually the whole town went for a bunch of people who campaigned under the acronym "SUDS" which stands for Skegness Urban District Society and many of Skegness's long-standing Councillors were defeated.

Apparently, at the last election most of the SUDS Candidates were campaigning for UKIP and as their job is finished in that direction :laugh8: :laugh8: they decided to form a local party to campaign on local issues.

The formation of a group of Candidates promising to benefit a local area is very similar to what occurred at our neighbouring town of Boston a few years ago. Virtually the whole Council was elected on the basis that they promised the people of Boston a By-Pass; and nearly ten years on we are still waiting for them to deliver on that promise!

I suspect that the SUDS Councillors will discover that it's a lot harder to deliver on a promise than it is to make one; and they should maybe add their own promises to the classic "Three great lies". i.e.
  1. Of course I love you.
  2. The cheque is in the Post.
  3. I would never dream of ......... ! (If you don't know the end of that one you are way too young to be brewing beer!)
Sorry for the tardy response but we are only just back from France; where it poured with rain but where my Prima Donna Hop Plant is thriving!
:cheers3:

Latest posts

Back