Prototype Dry hopper - Fermzilla All rounder

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffers brewery

Complicated Brewer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got into a bit of a dry hopper rut here. Following on from my dry hopper for a standard fermentation bucket I was invited by a fellow member to create a design for the Fermzilla All rounder. Not owning an All rounder was the first challenge, but ultimately managed to come up with something that “kind of” works. The only issue is that as it’s produced by 3D printing it’s porous and therefore will not maintain pressure ashock1 . Still working on that one. But thought some might find the project of interest. I have contacted both Keg King and Kegland......they were very polite....:coat:

Very impressive design!

How does the level actuate when the magnet is removed, is it weighted or sprung to open by default? Looking at it I thought the magnet was going to need to be repelled to push the lever open.

Looking at it I thought the magnet was going to need to be repelled to push the lever open.
Yes, I thought so too. But as the magnet is slid out from it’s holder, as the edges of the 2 magnets pass they repulse pushing the trigger away and releasing the trap doors. I had imagined that the actuating magnet (the one in the holder on the outside) would need to be removed from the holder, flipped over to reverse the polarity, and then be reinserted to actuate the trigger.

Back