PS5.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know anyone who has bought one or anywhere they are on sale.

I might get one when the price drops or if my PS4 dies but there needs to be more games before i would be tempted to trade the PS4 for one.

No2 son has put one on his list...I've had a quick look but nothing available...aren't the games backwards compatible?

I managed to pick one up on Facebook Marketplace:
920208AE-30B6-4992-9AB1-3E1E58548B8A.jpeg

No2 son has put one on his list...I've had a quick look but nothing available...aren't the games backwards compatible?

They are Clint but i don't want to pay £500 to play old games i want to play games that will push the new machine, we also have few TV's that can display 4K @ 120Hz these will be common by the middle of next year so another reason not to get one early.

It seems that the PS5 HDMI 2.1 is capped at 32gbps. A video posted to YouTube by HDTVTest analysed the new HDMI 2.1 output from the PS5 console, and found that the maximum bandwidth it can deliver at 4K 60Hz or 4K 120Hz is currently 32Gbps.

Will ps4 games work on ps5?
The PS5 will be able to play nearly every PS4 game that's available through backwards compatibility. ... That said, Sony also warns that some functionality from PS4 titles may not be available, and there may be “errors or unexpected behavior” when playing backwards compatible titles on the PS5.9 Oct 2020

We're waiting for Christmas to pass and Horizon Forbidden West to be released before getting one.

We're waiting for Christmas to pass and Horizon Forbidden West to be released before getting one.

Loved the first one and this looks brilliant i can only go to 1080 & 60 fps and it looks amazing full screen on PC. (skip to 1:40 if you only want to watch a small part)

Last edited:
Loved the first one and this looks brilliant i can only go to 1080 & 60 fps and it looks amazing full screen on PC. (skip to 1:40 if you only want to watch a small part)

It was my wife who got the PS4 after getting into gaming on my Xbox 360 while she was pregnant, we've both played Zero Dawn multiple times, great game. My 6 year old son likes watching us fight the machines too, he often makes up games of overriding snapmaws by the river on the way home from school. :-) He kept asking to see the FW trailer when it was first released, tiny gamer in the making, although he's at the Lego Jurassic World stage currently. :-)

Me although Yodel and Game tried to scupper it each blaming each other for the late delivery.

Me although Yodel and Game tried to scupper it each blaming each other for the late delivery.

At least they didn’t deliver rice or cat food instead of your PS5.

Did you go digital, or get one with a disk drive?

At least they didn’t deliver rice or cat food instead of your PS5.

Did you go digital, or get one with a disk drive?
Got the disc drive. Someone got a airfryer from Amazon instead. Can you imagine little Johnny on Xmas morning opening a parcel turns out to be a bag of rice

What irritates me is they way they cynically market to (mainly) young people. I could name a number of multinationals that do this

The best way to sell any product at the highest possible price and as quickly as possible is to tell people that it will be in short supply

Anyone remember "Cabbage Patch Dolls"?

Sony must have spent millions and millions developing the PS5, and they want us to believe that they forgot to manufacture enough to meet launch demand

They did the same when they launched PS4 - they don't seem to learn do they?

Or maybe there are 100s of thousands of them sitting out there in warehouses across the country

But they will continue to whip people up to maximise their return on investment, cynical in the extreme

What irritates me is they way they cynically market to (mainly) young people. I could name a number of multinationals that do this

The best way to sell any product at the highest possible price and as quickly as possible is to tell people that it will be in short supply

Anyone remember "Cabbage Patch Dolls"?

Sony must have spent millions and millions developing the PS5, and they want us to believe that they forgot to manufacture enough to meet launch demand

They did the same when they launched PS4 - they don't seem to learn do they?

Or maybe there are 100s of thousands of them sitting out there in warehouses across the country

But they will continue to whip people up to maximise their return on investment, cynical in the extreme
Understand what you are saying but even if there are enough to go round historically game consoles sell millions over a period of time. The hype is all about launch day sales to try and out sell the competition. If we didn't buy over priced goods I reckon we would all be living in caves and hunting for food as the economy at the present relies on over priced goods what ever form they may take.

Honestly I will do what I did with the PS4 wait until it drops a little in price and their are a few games in it I actually want to play (I still have a back log to get through on the PS4) alas the downside of being a working adult I can no longer play games till 4 AM.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back