Pub chain Wetherspoon reports record loss

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, The maerdy in Gorseinon is far better than all the other pubs in Gorseinon. The other pubs can only be described as sh1t holes. The fact that a Weatherspoons pub is the highlight of a town should tell you all you need to know about that town. Nethertheless it's a tidy place to sink a few pints of punk.

758404ebc522ce0beff7f02e59fdaf47.jpg

I know people take the **** out of spoons and the type of people that go there but i have read members discussing their local saying the beer is good and the prices are low surely they cannot all be the same.

I know people take the **** out of spoons and the type of people that go there but i have read members discussing their local saying the beer is good and the prices are low surely they cannot all be the same.
There cheap and cheerful, that's about all you can say, cheaper beer than the local members club OK food, much like most chain pubs.

Nope, The maerdy in Gorseinon is far better than all the other pubs in Gorseinon. The other pubs can only be described as sh1t holes. The fact that a Weatherspoons pub is the highlight of a town should tell you all you need to know about that town. Nethertheless it's a tidy place to sink a few pints of punk.
Never knew they had a Spoons there, saying that it was never somewhere I visited for a drink whilst growing up around those parts.

On the news reports, it said he is struggling to recruit staff now all the foreign workers have done one
If he paid a decent wage and treated his staff better he might get a few more applicants. 😉

Do you know how much he pays in each one and how it compares to other pubs in the area?
Are all the other pubs short staffed because the foreign workers left or is it just spoons?

British pubs facing ‘acute’ staff shortages
Restaurants are also having to reduce capacity because they do not have the staff to open.

Our pubs face a serious staffing shortage that has become acute. In some instances pubs are having to reduce capacity or close entirely because they don’t have the staff to open
BBPA chief executive Emma McClarkin

https://www.independent.co.uk/business/british-pubs-facing-acute-staff-shortages-b1858862.html

Latest posts

Back