Pub quality extract kit.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rover69

Reaction score
Good afternoon to you all.Just wondering which extract kits members have brewed ,that have came out as good as brewery beers?

You might struggle to find a kit AS good but there are many that give really good results nonetheless. Beerworks kits are pretty good. It might help to say what kind of beer you are looking for because some kits are better than others.

Any beer,lager, ale kits Hazelwood.I know it depends on many differences in the process on how the brew turns out.Just thought would see if any that members brewed came close as.

All the kits I've brewed have been at least as good, normally way better as I hate beer that is served too cold or too gassy. Of course, you own brews can be served as gassy and cold as you like. And the beer is consistent unlike the beer from any pub that does not get through every cask in just a few days. You won't drink stale beer at home!

Good point kelper,no dirty pipes or line cleaner in the brew.

Why not look on the forum as it has reviews for kit beers from forum members who have brewed them. You should get a varied style and honest reviews on there

You will never get a lager kit that's any good. And people who say "Well I did wilko cerveza and it was great!" you know would be happy drinking a cup of cold marmoset p*ss and data they give on anything you'd normally put in your mouth is to be silently excluded.

Thanks Baron,can go with cerveza point as first kit I done,was for the wife.She had one sip and handed it straight back to me.

No Englishman should ever drink lager unless he is abroad! Foreign lager-beers are brilliant but not when 'brewed' under license in the UK. Any "beer" delivered to a pub in a road tanker should be poured down the drain.

Sangria in Spain = heaven

Sangria in UK = hell

TIC alert

When I was a wayward youth, I remember some of my mates would order just a pint of lager, even when there was a choice. No-one ever ordered a pint of beer, they would look at the hand pumps or taps and order the one they liked.

Forgive my oldfartiness. I'm only 65.

When I was a wayward youth, I remember some of my mates would order just a pint of lager, even when there was a choice. No-one ever ordered a pint of beer, they would look at the hand pumps or taps and order the one they liked.

Forgive my oldfartiness. I'm only 65.

For a while back then you could look along the taps in almost every bar and not see a beer. I’d often have to choose a bottle of Newcastle Brown from the fridge(!) as the closest thing to what I wanted.

For a while back then you could look along the taps in almost every bar and not see a beer. I’d often have to choose a bottle of Newcastle Brown from the fridge(!) as the closest thing to what I wanted.
I remember those days H bloody awful, i stopped going out for awhile, then i went on the dark stuff from the emerald isle acheers. and chesters dark mild

Well I did wilko cerveza and it was great

Yikes! I did do a Wilko cerveza kit and it turned out great...I did add 500g DME, Wilko(Nottingham) ale yeast and a 50g cascade dry hop ,so turned it into a hoppy pale ale. The Festival premium kits are well worth a look, I've only done two but both gave good results.

I did do a Wilko cerveza kit and it turned out great...I did add 500g DME, Wilko(Nottingham) ale yeast and a 50g cascade dry hop ,so turned it into a hoppy pale ale.
What you've done there is brewed a nice little cascade smash and then added an adjunct - a fine example of Drew Beecham's "Brewing on the Ones"

It's like hiding vegetables in bolognese sauce, you've diluted the mediority with meaty goodness. I applaud you find a use for marmoset concentrate.

Yikes! I did do a Wilko cerveza kit and it turned out great...I did add 500g DME, Wilko(Nottingham) ale yeast and a 50g cascade dry hop ,so turned it into a hoppy pale ale. The Festival premium kits are well worth a look, I've only done two but both gave good results.
I have one i have just dry hopped with 55g saaz, also i used 1kg of light dme and 500g sugar sample tasted ok today acheers.

Latest posts

Back