Pub tomorrow?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

As the title says...

• Yes

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • No

Votes: 46 90.2%

• Total voters
Wow 27 to 0 for No. I went today, as I work in pubs. Felt safe and welcome the whole time, but then I would say that wouldn't I 🙄.

I hope all those that want to, are able to safely some point during the festive period.

not holding my breath
I think if you could do that, you'd be extra safe...maybe a little dizzy. How are your clam diving skills? According to National Geographic, the Bajau takes free diving to the extreme, staying underwater for as long as 13 minutes.
That is surely long enough for two pints.

Well in wales now whats the point. until I get a covid jab. prior to that i've been to a few places. the safest I felt was brewdog swansea - well spaced tables and no-one else there!

I've been to the pub 3 times since March. That's it, and I'm a blooming shareholder...

Won't be going again until I've had me vaccine, which shouldn't be too long now hopefully.
At the minute all our schools are closed and I wouldn't go near a pub since a couple of weeks ago when some tw&t went on a pub crawl in Cardigan, with Covid symptoms and about 40 other people for someone's birthday.
Plus our village had a bus tour to Blackpool the week before the Welsh lockdown, and guess what, most of them came back with Covid. Bunch of tw&ts the lot of 'em.

Plus down Milford way a guy tested positive on Friday, was in the pub on Saturday.

In tier 3 so thats a no - but as soon as we get back to tier 2 then I will be heading for a lunch and 2 probably 3 pints of Landlord. The pub really follows the rules and is very careful so I feel pretty safe there. Probably incorporated into a bike ride - otherwise its a designated driver (sorry dear your turn to drive)

I'm in The British (below) most weekends, on Wednesdays it's Quiz Night in The Prospect.

IMG_3720.jpeg

In tier 3 so thats a no - but as soon as we get back to tier 2 then I will be heading for a lunch and 2 probably 3 pints of Landlord. The pub really follows the rules and is very careful so I feel pretty safe there. Probably incorporated into a bike ride - otherwise its a designated driver (sorry dear your turn to drive)
You can get done for DIC of a bike as well so the designated driver is the better option.

You can get done for DIC of a bike as well so the designated driver is the better option.
Think I remember that if you're charged with being drunk on a bicycle and you also hold a driving license then you'll lose that same as if you were driving.

Think I remember that if you're charged with being drunk on a bicycle and you also hold a driving license then you'll lose that same as if you were driving.
No, not the case nor can they make you have a breathalyzer or blood sample, it's just your word against the police if it went to court.

Its something I am comfortable with - depending on how I am feeling after two pints and a meal. I may or may not have a third. The first will be dispensed with rather quickly but then its a long tasting session. My understanding is you could run foul of the Police but it does not have an impact on your driving licence.
Then there is the wife's driving to consider - no better not go there!.
I find I recover and get the alcohol out of the system quicker if I exercise immediately after.

My perfect day is out and about in the m/home, a quiet bike ride along country lanes then a good pub for lunch and then back to the van with a third of the ride to do then its the homebrew. This year that has come to a full stop more or less - in the summer a sandwich and a swig from the water bottle has had to suffice.

Correct hence the charge of DIC.

Sorry just checked it out and you don't loose your license but can be fined or even imprisoned depending on the nature of the offence and prosecution.

Last edited:
From this guidance
https://www.slatergordon.co.uk/newsroom/is-it-illegal-to-ride-a-bicycle-when-drunk/
The maximum penalty for cycling whilst under the influence of drink or drugs is a £1,000 fine. This is also the case for careless or inconsiderate cycling. The maximum penalty for dangerous cycling is a £2,500 fine.

You wouldn’t, however, get any points on your driving license should you have one, as it isn’t a driving offence.

Back