Pub tomorrow?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

As the title says...

• Yes

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • No

Votes: 46 90.2%

• Total voters
Yes years ago I was cycling with my sister through the Peak district from North West Leicestershire to Sheffield train station when we stopped at the 'Knockerdown Inn' Brassington. (appropriately named) At that time the Landlady served the beer straight out of the barrel, (like necter) and it has to be said we over indulged. After leaving the pub there was a very steep climb, too much for sis who came to a stop, toppled over and rolled into the ditch laughing her head off. (All great fun as long as you get away with it.) I have a photo somewhere.

I can remember in the late 80's when my usual mode of transportation would have been aVespa or Lambretta, going out on a country pub crawl and being sensible and my mate and I taking push bikes we borrowed from our parents. Cycling back from the Splash towards out next pub destination in Mamby, I kept flying over the handlebars at every junction because habit (and ale) meant I was only using the front brake. Happy days.

I wonder if you could be prosecuted for being drunk on a horse?

“… you look around at a community of notions held by other writers, other intellectuals, and they make you blush with guilt. Writing is supposed to be difficult, agonizing, a dreadful exercise, a terrible occupation.

But, you see, my stories have led me through my life. They shout, I follow. They run up and bite me on the leg – I respond by writing down everything that goes on during the bite. When I finish, the idea lets go, and runs off.

That is the kind of life I’ve had. Drunk, and in charge of a bicycle, as an Irish police report once put it. Drunk with life, that is, and not knowing where off to next. But you’re on your way before dawn. And the trip? Exactly one half terror, exactly one half exhilaration.”

– Ray Bradbury, Zen in the Art of Writing (p. 50)

Back on topic, look at that sparkling cask beer (yes it may be Doom Bar as that's all they had on 🙄, but it was still glorious).

IMG_20201204_193342.jpg

SHED SNIP.PNG

My shed stock. looks like it should weather the Christmas lockdown onslaught. Those down as 5 left were older brews of which I kept 6 for December. they will not make it to 2021 :laugh8: I am due to bottle 2021's imperial stout which will partly offset the 'great 2020 xmas depletion' - I'll need to get a few brews on in Jan 2021.

Latest posts

Back