Pubs by me under new ownership - for the better

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeg3

Landlord.
Reaction score
Two pubs by me are changing hands and will be reopening later this year following complete refits.

The first was an independent real ale pub until the owners retired. Joules had an arrangement where they would have first refusal on it. It was historically a Joules house and local brewery until Joules got taken over by Bass in the 70s. The pub passed to M&B's portfolio at some point and they sold it. It's an interesting quirk of fate that Joules will be the owner again.

The second is a grimy place at the end of my road which has just been bought by a local microbrewery to be their first owned place.

There is a shortage of decent ale houses where I live, so this is welcome indeed, and I'm amazed in the current climate that it's happening at all.

Can't wait to actually go to a pub again, looks like I'll be spoilt for choice now!

We have lost a few pubs over the last couple of years and non as far as i know are changing hands, a few have had major refurbishment during lockdown and as you say itll be nice to get back into them and have a pint or three.

Our local ,which was very poorly managed but had a great bunch of regulars who used to get in there, never re opened after the first lockdown, it's now boarded up and looks like it's been abandoned. Were just hoping it re-opens as a pub again as rumours are rife it'll be turned into apartments.

Latest posts

Back